icon

iPod in 2001 Malibu with Pioneer HU

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
narutofan 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2006 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  

I recently purchased an iPod interface cable that connects to the Pioneer IP Bus Aux port. I've connected the cable to the IP Bus Aux port, and the music plays great from the iPod. However, I did not get the iPod charger to work. That is the red wire on the iPod interface cable and I need help trying to figure out where the 12 Volt red wire connects to??

The existing red 12 Volt wire in the car is connected to the Pioneer head unit. I read online that the Power Antenna (Blue) and Amp-Turn-On (Blue/White) leads carry 12 Volts when the head unit is turned on. I was going to connect the red wire to one of those, but I was kinda scared, not knowing what I am doing, and I did not want to cause a short-circuit.

The product came with no manuals, and is pictured below. The red wire from the iPod cable is connected to an inline fuse holder, with a fuse that has the markings F2AL250V. I do not know how many amps the fuse is. My vehicle is a 2001 Chevrolet Malibu. I have a Pioneer DEH-4600MP head unit. That is connected to the GM Class II Data Bus Interface (GMRC-01).

Any help would be much appreciated!

iPod in 2001 Malibu with Pioneer HU - Last Post -- posted image.

darthness 
Copper - Posts: 136
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2006 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
run it to the battery?
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 17, 2006 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
Connect it to a switched (accessory) wire- you should be able to just connect it to your radio's red wire.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic