icon

Custom Switch Panel

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Jasonb61 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2006 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
As you can probably tell, I have no experience with Fiberglassing but I would like to learn! I can do a lot of research on my own without asking nagging questions here but a lot of times it's good to get opinons from people with experience.
Anyways, I have a 1992 dodge dakota and I have a need for a place to mount a few switches (10+ switches)and I cannot find a convient place to locate them (any suggestions).. But I decided on using the ashtray mount (I dont smoke anyways so I'll have to find a new place for my insurance card *SIGH*)Anyone have some suggestions on this?
Thanks,
-Jason
crazyoldcougar 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2006 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
takes some pics of your cabin not all of use...especially me know what the Dakota looks like inside..
Fiberglass Guru.
Jasonb61 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2006 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
will do!
88_red_dakota 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2006 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
i got the dakota too and im putting mine in the ashtray so i can flip it out and flick a few switches
Jasonb61 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2006 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
hehe awesome... what type of switches... Regular toggles? how many? Have you started the project yet?
torquehead 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2006 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
.....overhead console!  Some weeks ago our shop fabricated an odd but stylish "Above-the-visor" console.  Yes, Ceiling / driver's side console, then visor attached to back to the console in the original location (almost).  This thin console  was used to integrate (flush mount) a stereo remote as well as a radar detector, and garage door opener all in one.  First time for us to fabricate a one sided console.  One of my fabricators admitted being a single-side-console virgin...LOL!!!
Jasonb61 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2006 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
..overhead would be great but truck is due for T-tops in 6 weeks hehe...
torquehead 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2006 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  

T-tops eh?  Seen trucks done before, but that was...what, 10ish years ago....that would be cool to see again.  Maybe an overhead "T" console...  Either way, I know someone will spark some ideas you can use.  Keep informing us...

Jasonb61 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2006 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
well... came across a problem... or, a delay rather... It may be longer before i get the T-tops :-( ... I have a frame to box and I dont want the body structure to be weakened or anything so we can put the cab on the new frame without worry...
As for the switch panel, a T-console would be pretty sweet... And so would the ashtray one... I'm trying to figure how many I can fit in the ash tray... My idea is to kinda box the top of it off and put the switches in.. does that make sense? I hope so...
thegreatbondini 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2006 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  
LOL I wanted T Topps in my mazda Prob 10 or so yrs ago, and Believe me I'm not scared to dive in with my trusty air saw and get to it, my only problem was the top shop that does this everyday gave me 1 gurantee.... nomatter who the install was done by him or anyone else IT WAS GUARANTEED TO LEAK!!!!!! Water+12v equip.=NOTHANKS maybe the boots are better now????? but you might want to check around first

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic