the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Recommend Video/Navigation system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sab0276 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2006 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 2002 GMC Yukon SLT (non-Bose) with sunroof. I would like to add a DVD/MP3 Navigation head unit as well as a drop down sreen.
Can anyone recommend a system?
I was thinking of the AVIC N2, and a 10.4"-13" drop down moniter. I will probably also replace the speakers too. I have an old http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/library/manuals/160_4-240_4-man.pdf ]RF 160x4 Punch Amp[/url], and a JBL GTQ400 Amp left over from some old sytems I used to have. I also have old RF 12" Punch subs and amps for that as well (not installed). What size speakers do I have and what would you recommend I replace them with?
Thanks.
-Scott
2002 GMC Yukon SLT non-Bose
Pioneer AVIC N3
infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2006 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
N3
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
sab0276 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2006 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  
I don't think I need the N3. I don't have an iPod, and I would like to use the extra $$ elsewhere. Also can the N3 be bypassed to use the Navigation while moving?
What about drop down screens? What size would you recommned? Is there anything I should know about video screens?
-Scott
Pioneer AVIC N3
infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2006 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  
the n3 replaced the n2, so if you are buying it from a store make sure that the n2 is marked down in price or else you will be paying the same for both models. honestly if you have the $ to spend i would go head rest monitors instead of a larger drop down, you can get very nice ones that are already upholstered to your stock fabric (think visuallogic), so all you do its wire them in and put in the new headrest, and you have your stock ones later if you ever decide to sell the car. Also your viewing is alot better, your neck starts to hurt on drop downs.
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
geofbettis003 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2006 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
have you looked at the Eclipse nav units? since your suv is an 02 gm...i'd recommend getting eclipse's single DIN flip out AVN unit; plays DVD, MP3, has NAV..all with the option for rolling motion video...the units all have a/v input and output...TFT touch-screen 7" display...plus their ESN (Eclipse Security Network) which means, that once you program it...if the unit is stolen, then it becomes useless to the theif, completely unusable by anyone else but you! just something to think about.
mustangfoo 
Silver - Posts: 371
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2006 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with infinkc, but my buddy has Tahoe which is the same thing as a Yukon, he has a 13" drop down from Pyle, Visually could be better, but they are cheap and u get what u pay for.  On his monitor it swivels left and right, but if u have 2 people bak there u cant swivel it cause then one cant see so ur neck gets tired,  its kinda like playing video games at wal-mart and they have those damn t.v.s way up top, I think its so the kids get tired and give some1 else a shot at em though lol.  But ne ways if you do go with headrest monitors get em pre-made,  they are ok, but if you go with DIY or have somebody install them, I recommend XO-Vision, fairly cheap and they have great picture quality, if you go this type of route, make sure that you size up your headrest's to get the biggest screen possible.  Also if you want to do what my other buddy did in his Chevy extended cab, he has all Alpine in his truck, from navigation flip out in dash to flip down on the roof and two headrest monitors,  EXPENSIVE, but they are all worth the money, they have great picture quality.  It all depends on what you are looking for, and what you can afford.  You can't look for Alpine with $50 you know lol.  just my $0.02, but be wise, cause if you are not happy with the results you get, then maybe you shoulda saved a lil more $$$ to get some good quality products.
sab0276 
Posted: April 25, 2006 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  
How much are the Alpine units? I like the N2 because it seems to have all of the features I want and I can get it for $1000 (that's my budget).
Is there anything that you would recommend in that price range?
-Scott
Pioneer AVIC N3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic