icon

no sound

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lilbenny 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2006 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
okay... so i was messing around with my false floor (took the cover off) the amp and cap are mounted onto a piece of wood... and i lifted the wood (might have effected wires) and the music just stoped i went to look at my head unit and the tracks were still playing..... now i can understand that if i hit a wire or something it would effect the subs by why would the interior speakers not play? anyone have any clue?
also i was lisening to my system for like 1/2 hour volume at 21ish bass knob at 1/3 HU at -2..... so i dont think i could have blown the subs... even so would that effect the interior speakers? also when i was looking at it my cap read about 14.5-15 could that be part of it?
(car is running so cant be battery issuse... id ont think...
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2006 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  
Name the equipment in your car.
There is no such thing as free installation!
lilbenny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2006 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  
rx8... bose speakers, upgrade option from mazda.
stock HU
2 10w6v2 (jls)
500.1 amp (jl)
2.0 farad cap (power acustic) something like that
omnifi mp3 linked by the P.I.E. and rca cables..
tcss 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2006 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
Tough call. My first impression would be your decks protection circuit has kicked in, but I'm not familiar with stock Mazda HUs. Check and see if the input wires on the amp might be shorted to each other or to metal in the car.
lilbenny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2006 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  
ok so i called the company that installed my stuff and they said they'll troubleshoot it for free..
but while on the phone with him he asked me if i had and amp and said that it might be blown.. is there a way for me to check if the amp is blown or not? if it is blown would it still power up?
i got my amp with my subs... and i thought the amp was only for the subs... am i wrong on this? is it possible for my amp to be blown and effect my interior speakers to the point where nothing plays?
tcss 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2006 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
JL's 500/1 is strictly a subwoofer amp.It has nothing to do with the high frequency (Bose) speakers. I would be very carefull with the store you are dealing with, they are trying to con you or they are just stupid. I'm sticking with my original guess that your stock deck has shorted outputs and is in protection mode. There is no need to check the amp.
lilbenny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2006 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
'm sticking with my original guess that your stock deck has shorted outputs and is in protection mode.
so what does that mean? new HU?
tcss 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2006 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
No, I think your input wires on your amp got shorted out when you lifted up your false floor. Have them check there first.
lilbenny 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2006 at 5:44 PM / IP Logged  
just got the car back.. it was a blown fuse...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic