icon

Diamond or MB Quart

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sprawl85 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2006 at 2:24 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, I am wanting to stick with a coaxial so I don't have to worry about tweeter placement and all that. I am going to be amping them and need them to get loud. I also have a very critical ear. And don't tell me I need to go listen to them because I have nowhere near me to listen to either one at. but anyways the two choices
Diamond D361i
Or Mb Quart Discus Coaxes
I have heard the mb quart's before amped... sounded really loud crisp and clear with good midrange detail and plenty of midbass.
I have heard the Diamonds powered off a deck and they sounded pretty good but I can't vouge for the volume, and they seemed like they lacked some clarity that I heard in the quarts... somewhere in the midrange, things just didn't sound as real/live. Maybe just because they were powered off the deck though.
Any other suggestions are welcome too!!! But which of the two would you choose? Has anyone actually listened to both before?
fiberglass reminds me of peanut brittle... but fiberglass tastes better!
dkautotrixx 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2006 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
Diamond and Mb Quarts are nice but will not play clean and loud. If you want a speaker that will do both , try db Drive platinums.
D kosechata
TruckSystem 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2006 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
I don't even think I need to explain why your completely wrong in that statement.
sprawl85 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2006 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
ummmm i thought db drive stuff was sub par
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2006 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
This is the second post from the same person praising db drive.....makes one wonder. They are not on the same level as Diamond nor MB Quart.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2006 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
Personally, I am a little hard of hearing (ear infections not loud tunes guys). I prefer the top end of the pure titanium tweeter in the MB Quart, especially once the windows are rolled down and road and wind noise enter the picture.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2006 at 3:58 AM / IP Logged  
not to be contrary here, but I personally prefer the midbass delivery of the Diamond to that of the Quart woofers...
remember that sound is purely a personal thing, and everyones tastes vary...I recognize Quart to be a quality manufacturer and usually suggest them to people looking for high end gear with alot of other high end brands, but they arent my style really...
what kind of music will you be listening to primarily? this may also affect peoples opinions on what to suggest...some brands excel at some kinds of music whereas other brands seem to do better with a different genre...
sprawl85 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2006 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
I will be listening to mostly trance, and hiphop... some oldies when I get drunk probably (with a designated driver of course).
TeddyKGB 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2006 at 12:53 AM / IP Logged  
I've got MB Discus 6.5s in my car and I listen to mostly hip hop and I love the way they sound. I was deciding between Diamond and MB Quarts and went with the MBs just because they were on sale at a car audio shop by me for a really good price.
2 Diamond Audio D3 12s
Hifonics ZXi1006 amp
MB quarts all around and a Panasonic up front.        You wanted to know don't lie...
ocsteveo2003 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2006 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  

As a Diamond Audio retailer I will say there is a reason I carry Diamond Audio and Not MB Quart.....

You will find that when the D361's have an amp with ample clean power running them they come alive and will impress you with their sound. They will leave the MB's far behind.......

My personal car took 1st place in a recent SQL (Sound Quality) show running the D361's and a pair of D312's, beating out a guy running MB Quart subs and high's.....I run the D3400.4 on my D361's....use a good amp....

Plus you cant beat the 3 year warranty that come with any D3 series product if installed by a Diamond Retailer.

steve thomas

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic