icon

Avic D1 Nav disc lockout Eject disabled

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
siontc 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2006 at 7:21 AM / IP Logged  
I recently purchased a open box avic d1. i have been on the phone with pioneer 2 times and back to the store 2 times. Pioneer clames there is no dvd nav lockout when I call them. Yet the store I bought it from says the dvd was locked and to call pioneer to unlock it as they do not know how.
Does anyone know how to unlock the dvd the eject button does not eject the disk. I have tried everything I can think of.
infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2006 at 7:43 AM / IP Logged  
are you sure there is a disk in there? if so there is probably a problem with the unit
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
neal1154@yahoo. 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2006 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged  
I can help PM me
Preservedswine 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2006 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  
Is it in Demo Mode? Being an "open box" item, you might want to mention that to the tch support folks, and they should be able to help you.
siontc 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2006 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
The menu says demo mode is turned off. I found my way into the service menu through another post but I didnt see anything about locking the dvd. Yes im sure the dvd is in the drive as well. I have east coast maps only loaded and no way of ever upgrading the maps because of the dvd being stuck.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2006 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  
Is it under warranty?  Take it back to where you purchased it and get some help.
Support the12volt.com
MrSuperStar 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: April 29, 2006 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
the DVD lockout is done so that people don't steal the Nav disc while on display.
You're supposed to hold some buttons during turn on, then reset the unit. I forget which buttons, but I can find out if you don't get your answer.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic