Viper 791XV?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
micdizo 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2006 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged  

Ok I need help wiring the "Relay Key Switch Interface"  

I know (purple (+) starter output) goes to the wire that get power when ur on start

I am unsure about (Green startr input)  There are 4 wires that have connstant power to the ignitionion.  I have a 2000 Expedition XLT

I am sure about (red (2) (+) 12v input for high current outputs)  There are wires that have connstant power to the ignitionion, but according to http://techservices.audiovox.com/ I use the green purple ones.  That leave two yellow wires that have constant power.

I am sure about (Orange (+) accessory output, this cable way easy to find

I am sure about  (Pink (+) ignition output)  this cable was easy to find

I am sure about (pink/white (+) second ignition output) since there is only one this is unused

I am unsure about (RED / White (+) 12vinput)  should i use one of the yellows?

Can someone please help me with the cables i am unsure of?

Micdizo
MrSuperStar 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2006 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
If you want starter kill on your car, then the starter wire needs to be cut in half. Your purple wire hooks up to the side of the cut wire that goes to the starter while your green wire hooks up to the side that goes toward your key cylinder.
Don't worry about the RED / wht wire cause if you look at your relay pack you'll see its tapped into one of the red wires.
Also, are you aware that your car requires a second accessory for remote start. Be sure to use a relay to power that wire.
micdizo 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2006 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
Ok it makes sense to me now.  Thanks a lot
Micdizo
integratyper934 
Copper - Posts: 150
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 1:24 AM / IP Logged  
i wouldnt recomend trying it yourself take it to a pro before u have problems. dont installers know that helping people do there own installs is why we lose money, well until they mess it up and i charge twice as much to fix it.
05impalaman 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2006 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  

I bought a Viper 791xv (remote start, 2 way, the works) for $170 and spent about $30 on the modules and relays to install it.  The vehicle wiring diagrams are online, and an installation manual comes with the unit.  Everything worked flawlessly the first time, and it took me about 6 hours total.  Now why would I pay an installer like you over $650 to install the same alarm?  I'm sure most people couldn't install the same alarm, much less as their first install, but this forum is here to help everyone.  I'm sure there are quite a few people on here that have never installed an alarm before and know way more about wiring and electronics than you my friend, so quit griping and you might learn something. 

xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2006 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  
depending on the alarm/remote start I found most pretty easy to install. It depends a lot on the vehicle so I wouldn't boast to much about doing it on your own. And the major reason most people will bring it to a pro is precisly that they are a pro and if there is any problems its on them. Not to mention about warranty, I know dei will not honor any warranty when a diy intalls their equipment. I agree this forum is here to help as it helps myself and I own and install at my business.  

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic