the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 Toyota Prius w/Smart Key Remote Start?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2006 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  
Alright, after doing a search all i found was someone who previously posted the question about this car with no responing "yes'"
So.... has anyone installed a remote start on this vehicle with the factory equipped smart key? the overall wiring from DEI looks very straight forward, however ... what needs to be done to interface with the smart key transponder? is there a module that will learn the smart key code? can you just get a toyota key coded from the dealer and interface it that way somehow, keybox, etc.? is there still a physical ignition lock to even insert a key? (I havent even been in a prius yet)
jmroussel 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2006 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
The 07 Camry XLE seem to have the same smart key system, so I asked the same question on this forum on april 24th and did not get an answer back . How do we bypass the transponder system on these ''Smart key'' vehicles?
j-marc
bmwpwner 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2006 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  

dei lists a 556uw for the 2005 prius. now that is a universal key box and i'm not sure if that would work or not but since the smart key has an option to start if the smart key is in the vehicle so in theory you could do a R/S and just hide an extra key in the vehicle anywhere.

"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-Socrates-
autostart ak 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2006 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  

The problem with leaving the key in the vehicle is that anyone can then get into the car and drive away. Good bye Prius ( or new Camry). What we ended up doing on a Prius was taking the battery out of the key and then wiring it up to a relay so that the key only had its battery voltage available when the remote start was active. There is a spot for a "key" but the only thing you will need to tag off of it is the start wire (-). The car needs to have the brake circuit activated to statt so when doing remote start the brake lights are always on. Lets see what else I can remember ..... The key itself is a BlueTooth device. The instrument display will actually say something like "BlueTooth Active" when pressing the start button - something like that. It wasn't a very fun vehicle for the installer.

AutoStart Alaska
bmwpwner 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2006 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
good tip on that one bro. i didn't think about taking the battery out and giving it an ignition wire to fire up during start but that would work. i was thinking you could actually hide the key somewhere not easy to find but since it is BT. good call on that one.
"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-Socrates-
autostart ak 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2006 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
We actually started by using the information found here
https://imlforum.com/pipermail/iml_imlforum.com/attachments/20051204/037a1947/ToyotaSmartKey.txt
That process with the key minus the battery would not work for us so thats when we went to using a relay to "reconnect" the factory remote to its battery during remote start.
AutoStart Alaska
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 03, 2006 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
I've successfully dealt with the Smart Key system in the 2006 Toyota Avalon Limited, as well as the somewhat-similar Intelligent Key in the Infiniti M35/M45.
I haven't had the chance to work on a new Prius yet, but I feel confident it will be the same basic process as the Avalon, although surely the wire colors and locations will be a little different.
Go to the carsound.com forums, and search in the security section for the Avalon and M35/M45.
My post about the Avalon will be most similar to your car, but the post about the Infiniti is in greater detail, so it might be helpful to read both.
dea,can 
Copper - Posts: 284
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2006 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  

Suggested remote starter cohttp://support.fortinautoradio.com/download.php?bypasskitmanualid=466&key=e13e3b057a085bc30de61d3af2cde5bannections for TOYOTA & LEXUS equiped with a SMART-KEY

dragon

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic