icon

Speaker box? pics

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nicholas moffet 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2006 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
I am almost finished with this build tell me what you think. Also I am having trouble geting the high and low spots fixed. I sure could use some tips from a pro to get the surface as even as possible. Advice on tools, techniques, and  materials would help. Here are some pics-    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2123181/2
grantd 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2006 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  
Thats a clean hatch install, good design it's turning out well, post pics for us when you get it finished
grantd 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2006 at 2:14 AM / IP Logged  
I was bored and looking through your car domain page and I'm curious how much wire you got for your 40$ that sounds like way too much money.
nicholas moffet 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2006 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
It was 1.29 $ dollars a foot    x 30 ft . I know it does not look like there is 30ft of wire in there but I think I only had 1.5 feet left when I was done. It is pretty much the best wire you can buy. Oxgen free copper with 665 stands. Good stuff
sethsyd 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2006 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  
Where did you put 30 ft. of wire under your hood? Wasn't it just to reground your elec. system? Or is some of that wire run back to the amp?
nicholas moffet 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2006 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
Batter to altenator/4.5 feet/ B to intake manafold 3.5 /B to engine frame 5 feet / B to battery holder 2 feet / B to otherside of the engine bay 6 feet.  and so on. The wire a hidden to but they are there. Its more wire then I expected too. had to go twice to get it.
playr747 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2006 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  
Nice job. I like the stealth look.
Aruman 
Silver - Posts: 363
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2006 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
wow Nicholas, that's my dream car, and you have it, damn that's sweet, i had plan to buy an Rsx and put 4 12" subs in it, fiberglass enclosure, but i didn't make it. man, nice car and nice install. congrats.
Shaking The Neighborhood
nicholas moffet 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2006 at 2:37 AM / IP Logged  
This install was harder than it looks from the design stand pointbecause there was alot of figureing out to do. The wheel wells are of different shapes and it was hard to make 2 speaker boxes that looked the same. Also the angles of the speaker had to match exaclty. Its one thing to make a 12 inch box for the wheel well but it is anoth to make them match exactly. If I was charging someone for this the cost would go up for sure to do both.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic