L5 Box Blueprints

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
boug0752 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2006 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  

Hey you guys,

I just built this box for my single L5 sub. Bumps real nice and I was thinking that maybe someone else could benefit from my blueprints. This box has the correct parameters for a single L5 sub. I have this box in my 2001 Grand Am, check my cardomain if interested in what it looks like, just to let you guys know. I do this setup for all the boxes that I make. This obviously is a little simpler box but I thought it might help someone.

If the box is cut out perfectly (impossible);    Internal Volume = 2.500056 ft^3

Port Volume = 62.5275 ft^3

If anyone could benefit from the actual AutoCAD file just let me know and I can send you it. Also, it the pics aren't clear enough for you to print just give a shout and I'll email them to you!!!!

Let me know what you guys think please.....

L5 Box Blueprints - Last Post -- posted image.

If your counting pennies and dimes then maybe you shouldn't be spending every penny and dime you have!!
boug0752 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2006 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  
PS: Don't mind the ugly wiring!!! L5 Box Blueprints - Last Post -- posted image.
If your counting pennies and dimes then maybe you shouldn't be spending every penny and dime you have!!
boug0752 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2006 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, also the Port volume is actually in cubic inches and not cubic feet obviously. Sorry for the typing error...
Aruman 
Silver - Posts: 363
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
it looks great, what version of A.CAD your are using?
Shaking The Neighborhood
boug0752 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  

For these drawings I used AutoCAD 2004. I have my previous box drawn in Pro/E 2001 as well.

firstrax 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
boug0752 wrote:

For these drawings I used AutoCAD 2004. I have my previous box drawn in Pro/E 2001 as well.

How do you like Pro Engineer? Can it output G code? I've been using Solid Works and Turbo CAM for the rapid proto machine.

boug0752 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  

To be quite honost I think that Pro/E is the biggest piece of Sh$%. But thats just my personal opinion. I'm only 19 so I really only have limited experiance with all the programs but I actually was really impressed with NX3 and all its capabilities. Pro/E customer service kinda blows and the program itself can be a pain at times to try to create a simple feature. The biggest problem with Pro/E is that they keep updating it to now Wildfire 2.0 I believe the last time I looked and all the setups are different so I've had to learn a whole new setup. Kinda sucks but I'm getting paid to learn so I can't really complain to much...

To answer your question, with the correct add ons yes ProE can send out G code. I'm really not into the machining portion of the program yet but plan on the within the next couple of months getting into the machining portion of our plant a little more to try to learn some of the machinist "lingo" per say... haha. I have actually used Solidworks a little bit and wasn't all to impressed with it. Are you happy with it?

boug0752 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2006 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  

Heres a couple of pics that I have on my computer of some of things that I've designed and drawn for my company.

L5 Box Blueprints - Last Post -- posted image.L5 Box Blueprints - Last Post -- posted image.L5 Box Blueprints - Last Post -- posted image.

firstrax 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged  
boug0752 wrote:

Are you happy with it?

Yes and no. Its very powerfull. But it takes a long time to get comfortable with it. Most of my CAD work is with IMSI Turbo CAD. Not as powerfull but very fast learning curve. Most of my drawings start in Turbo CAD and then I move them into Auto CAD or Solidworks.

Heres some of my Turbo CAD drawings.

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y257/firstrax/TURBOCAD/

boug0752 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2006 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
Nice work. I really like the rendering on those pics man. I haven't had much time to learn the rendering portion of Pro/E so unfortunately I have just the model pics. Work says its a waste of time so its a no go on the rendering. Maybe someday.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic