icon

Integra LED Taillight Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nate_2k5 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2006 at 12:47 AM / IP Logged  
I just installed a pair of red LED taillight bulbs in my 1994 acura integra. When installed, the right blinker assembly works perfect but the on the left side the turn signal bulb has weak lighting and the LED flashes when it is not supposed to. I took it to an Acura dealership and was told that there was some problem with the grounding signal getting fed into one fo the bulbs thus making the one dim and teh LED flash when it was not supposed to. I was wondering what I can do to fix this?
steve schofield 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2006 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
The correct way would be to locate the grounding point for the lighting cluster and fix the problem there it is most likely to be corrosion on the terminals or a bad connection. If you are unable to locate where the original grounding point is, simply reconnect the ground wire (Negative) 12V- supplying the cluster to the vehicle chassis. This should cure the problem.
stealthone 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2006 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
The first thing I would do is to swap the bulbs to identify whether the problem is with the bulb or with the car wiring. If both bulbs do the same thing in the same socket, the problem is in the wiring. If the same bulb acts up in both sides, there is a problem with the bulb.
LED replacement bulbs have electronic circuits in the base.   It is possible that the circuitry is defective in one bulb.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic