icon

lights dim

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
danny boy 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2006 at 6:16 AM / IP Logged  

hi  have a question   when i have my system up in my car and u can heard the bass goin everytym the beat comes in every light in the car dims..is this caused from the battery not big enuff or is there an easy way to get around this ??any help needed

thanks

crzyvs
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2006 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  
Read above post on upgrading the big 3.  The only truly easy thing to check is make sure you have the proper size wiring and it is connected properly. Give some specs on what you have? Amp output rms/continous, power cable size groung size, alternator output, battery codintion/size (load tested) lots of factors to determine when installing it so the lights don't dim and your not killing your charging system..............
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2006 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged  
There is a few ways you can help the situation. upgrade your ground between the battery and the car.
upgrade the possitive wire between your alt and your battery be very carefull on running this new wire make sure to run it in a safe place and fuse it to be even more safe.
make sure you have a strong farely new battery because your battery is the first place the power is being drawn from. and most and formost. make sure the wire going from battery to amp is sufficient. i dont know what yor running. so i cant give a hint on what size wire to use.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2006 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
... and none of that will help if you are overloading your alternator.  You need a high-output alternator.
Support the12volt.com
Master Asylum 
Silver - Posts: 400
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2006 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  
Lights dimming means that there is more power being drawn than created. This means your amp is requiring so much power its attempting to suck all it can. (I could be mistaken, but this is my understanding.) And Dyohn is absolutely on the point with upgrade. :)
1998 Monte Carlo w/
Eclipse CD8454
2xRockford 5.25" Power 2-way T152C
2xRockford 6"x9" Punch 3-way FRC4369
1xMemphis 16-MCH1300 5-channel
2xKicker 12" L5 Solobaric-2 Ohm
danny boy 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2006 at 6:14 AM / IP Logged  

thanks ill look into it a bit more

crzyvs