the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

How should I power twelve 12'' L7’s?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 16, 2006 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  

AJRXtreme wrote:
So is my question going to get answered?

Depends on who we are talking to.        How should I power twelve 12'' L7’s? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

forbidden wrote:
I can see some major issues developing here. First off is the sheer size and weight of the box. Fitting that many subs into the cab can be done, but to do it in the proper box is not going to happen. You would be far better off limiting the number of subs and increasing the cabinet volume as it will yield far superior results. If we are talking about everyting going in the box and a canopy on top, I see vibration time coming on. What is the end goal of the system here?

But first, don't you think Rob's answer / question deserves a response?

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2006 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  

I was waiting for that one myself. If you are after something that is way loud, that screams of a monster slot port box for these subs. It also screams that it needs to be in the cab and cough powered by something with chrome flames and blue led's cough (see if the mods catch that one this time, haha). Ignore the power requirement for now. In a extra cab F150, 6 subs might be stretching it due to the large size of the box. You need to drop the max number of subs idea and figure out how much airspace you have available for a box first. This of course means that it also needs to be able to get into the cab and be securely mounted or it will take your head off in a collision. Start with the airspace, this will tell you how many and what size subs you can use. From there we can look at amplifiers, wiring, batteries etc.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
AJRXtreme 
Silver - Posts: 302
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2006 at 6:17 AM / IP Logged  
alright I appreciate your inputs. Im going to buy the truck first and then figure it all out from there. Thanks
03 F150 on 24's
HU:Pioneer DVD5700
Frt:MC57
Subs:(12)S12L7
Amps:(3)KX2500.1's, MC-2004
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2006 at 8:10 AM / IP Logged  
Something else to keep in mind, since forbidden sort of brought it up...if you are doing a "wall", I don't think it would be street legal if it completely covers the back window. This would also limit the number of subs you would be able to use. If, however, you are planning on using it only for competitions, then there shouldn't be a problem to my knowledge.
VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.