the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

How to mount reverese camera in key hole

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sab0276 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2006 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  

How do you mount a reverse camera in the key hole.  I am thinking about installing mine in the rear glass release button of my Yukon. 

Any ideas or suggestions? 

-Scott

2002 GMC Yukon SLT non-Bose
Pioneer AVIC N3
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2006 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  
I always use backstrap to do it, but it veries for each application and I havent done a yukon before.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
sab0276 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2006 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  

What do you mean backstrap?  

-Scott

Pioneer AVIC N3
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2006 at 2:21 AM / IP Logged  
If you buy a universal one on ebay it comes with everything you need. I did it in my car and it only took like 15 minutes to do. You just take out the old lock, put in the camera and screw on the mounting rings. it has a video wire, power and gound wires. pretty basic stuff.
sab0276 
Posted: May 17, 2006 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  

I did get one of the universal ones on eBay.   How do you remove the old lock?  How do you run the wires to the lift gate?

Thanks. 

-Scott

Pioneer AVIC N3
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2006 at 1:49 AM / IP Logged  
Im sorry, I was under the impresion you didnt have the mounting hardware. To run the wire you need to follow the factory wires that are running into the lift gate. There must be a boot there being that the glass release is in there unless its a mechanical release. If its mechanical you are gonna need to run the wires out of the top of the trim panel on the door and then bring it across to the headliner. Take your time to do this or it will look like trash.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic