the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

W7 advice?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
saturnsubohio 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2006 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
killer sonata wrote:

I talked with my local friendly installer about the 8W7s and he said they are quite a dissapointment. I was thinking about getting 4 of them and he said its not worth the cash. I already have 2 mtx 8500 12" subs and apparently those are my best bet right now. Im thinking your best bet is to stick with the W7s and build a different box to suite your liking.

nah the box is quite to my liking, actually i like the box a whole lot.
i was thinking maybe the 8W7 in the back deck.. but @ 20lbs it'd be weird on the structure on the car.
hmm looks like im staying with the W7
2006 WRX STI
Electrical Engineer
Ohio University Alumni
Aruman 
Silver - Posts: 363
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2006 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
why go with the 8w7? the 12w7 is a pretty good sub, what amp you are using to power it?
Shaking The Neighborhood
benneeb0y 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2006 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
i have two 8ohm v3's. i havem wired for 4 ohms 3.8 to xact. nice speakers in my opinion. im more of a sq than spl guy so they are impressive to me. i had 2 12W0 b4 these so its deff a step up from that. to the guy who is tryn to get the 8 would scratch that idea dood. I would stick with wat u got. and u aint gotta spend no money 2 do it.
saturnsubohio 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2006 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
not going to spend any money, except to buy the amp to push whatever sub i get.
thats why im asking in the first place,
i need to buy the amp im going to power the sub with (whichever subs i get)
i had a JBL 1200.1 and i should have never gotten rid of that amp. it was my favorite amp... i cant afford too much because of the undertaking of my front door project, and the fact that im a poor college kid.. around 300 dollars would be the max i could spend on an Amp and Wires for it.
2006 WRX STI
Electrical Engineer
Ohio University Alumni
benneeb0y 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2006 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
hold on so u already sold ur w7?
saturnsubohio 
Posted: May 20, 2006 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  
benneeb0y wrote:
hold on so u already sold ur w7?
nope, still have the W7 just dont have an amp for it.
2006 WRX STI
Electrical Engineer
Ohio University Alumni
mustangfoo 
Silver - Posts: 371
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2006 at 2:53 AM / IP Logged  
saturn, let me know what amp model # you are looking for, I might be able to help you out.  OR give me some ideas of what you want in watts range, and tell me some companies to exclude.  For sure nothing that is like PYLE or stupid brands like that, that dont even make good amps.  I might be able to get you the amp cheaper, just let me know by tomorrow morning before about 10 11 or so Pacific time.
saturnsubohio 
Posted: May 20, 2006 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
mustangfoo wrote:
saturn, let me know what amp model # you are looking for, I might be able to help you out. OR give me some ideas of what you want in watts range, and tell me some companies to exclude. For sure nothing that is like PYLE or stupid brands like that, that dont even make good amps. I might be able to get you the amp cheaper, just let me know by tomorrow morning before about 10 11 or so Pacific time.
YHPM
@ 845 PST. and im hungover...
2006 WRX STI
Electrical Engineer
Ohio University Alumni
benneeb0y 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2006 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
You had the GTO1201.1 II? It was a good amp? Likes dislikes?
saturnsubohio 
Posted: May 20, 2006 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  
nah,i had the BP1200.1 thta is the model of it, i think it was a while ago i bought it,
It was all black with a silver JBL Logo in the middle, im like 90% sure it was a BP1200.1
I really liked that amp, should have never sold it, but such is the game.. sold the stereo to turbo the car then decided it was too much a PITA to have a turbo car. so now im rebuilding the stereo.
2006 WRX STI
Electrical Engineer
Ohio University Alumni
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic