2001 Jetta GLX alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
peja43916 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2006 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I am going to be installing a remote start alarm on my girlfriend's Jetta and my question is, If she has a factory alarm on there is there anything I will have to do special to bypass the factory alarm in order to get everything to work on this aftermarket alarm? Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

bmwpwner 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2006 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged  
look like it is your lucky day. if it has a factory alarm it disarms with unlock. the only thing that you will have to do is change your alarm to double pulse unlock which is done usually in the programming so no extra wiring. good luck and hope this helps.
"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-Socrates-
13 volts 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2006 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
And turn off the ignition controlled door lock/unlock feature. AND have the remote start do the unlock doors before remote start and lock after. If this is not done you will see that the factory alarm will give you trouble.
peja43916 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2006 at 7:15 AM / IP Logged  
How do I hook up the door triggers for this car? I read some people say you have to go into each door and lool for the wires and someone else said that you didn't have to go into each door. I would rather not go into each door if I could avoid it. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2006 at 7:30 AM / IP Logged  
The info I have is all door trigger wire is BROWN / white (-) or blue/grey at alarm module.I think the alarm module is by the fusebox.
peja43916 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2006 at 9:23 AM / IP Logged  

prdjr165 wrote:
The info I have is all door trigger wire is BROWN / white (-) or blue/grey at alarm module.I think the alarm module is by the fusebox.

Yes I believe the BROWN / white wire is the one that I would have to go into each door to get. I will try the blue/grey wire and hopefully that does it. Thanks. What does the alarm module look like?

peja43916 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2006 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  
I have installed my alarm's door trigger using the domelight wire from the factory alarm and I was wondering if there was something I could do about the delay on the domelight. I hooked it up this way because I did not want to have to go into each individual door and install the BROWN / white wire. Everything works ok this way except that the domelight stays on for a little while after leaving the car so if I arm it right away it thinks a door is still open. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 28, 2006 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
You do not mention what make/model the alarm is, most new systems have the ability to delay the dome light trigger input. Check your programming options to see if this is an optio
peja43916 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2006 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I have a 2001 Jetta GLX and on the wiring diagram it says that the gray wire for the trunk release is at the switch in the glove compartment but my trunk release is actually on my drive door. Is this the switch the diagram is talking about? Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

peja43916 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2006 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
Nevermind, I figured it out. I just hooked my trunk wire from my alarm to the trunk wire that is on the alarm module of the car. Did not have to use a relay.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic