icon

Hyundai sonata door panels

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aceracer24 
Copper - Posts: 140
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2006 at 3:14 AM / IP Logged  
The amp is rated at 125 but MTX always under rates their amps. They are actually pushing more towards 198 RMS if the spec sheet is anything to go by. I thought about that though, I would still loose some of the watts for the fronts but I don't think it would be all that much, not enough to really tear the system down at any rate. And no, I wouldn't split the channels either. I'd loose the stereo if i did that and like you said sound would go out the window. The reason I didn't go a 4 channel amp in the first place was because the 8502 gave out more watts per channel @4 OHMS then the highest 4 channel in their line up. I can always add a 3rd amp if i needed to at any rate since it wouldn't need to be as a very big amp. As of right now i am just talking out my *** since I still need to get a new sub. I'm just thinking out loud :)
1968 VW Beetle
Pioneed DEH-780MP, 2 10' Memphis PR104D, Memphis PR500.1, TXC 6.1, MTX Thunder 8502
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2006 at 4:22 AM / IP Logged  

Oh ok. I didnt know it was a MTX amp. Gotta love their underratings. Im still confused how you were planning on running the components and 2 subs off the 2-channel amp. or did I mis-interpret what you said? You could always go all out and get the MTX 1004 if you can find one. it is rated at 125RMS x 4 but it also costs a pretty penny and its a huge amp. Im not too sure youd have a good place to put it in your beetle without getting all crazy custom. Im sure there is a newer MTX amp that does the same ratings but im not a big fan of the new amps with the extant technology (thunder TA). Ive heard too many stories of them needing to be replaced by the guys who sell them in my area. Apparently they arent too reliable. Im still waiting to hear how their newest amps (thunder TC) are holding up.

"People with mullets live 40% longer"   - Ricky Bobby
aceracer24 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2006 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
Well I'm not entirely sure how I would run them other then just wiring them up to the same terminals as the comps are. My original plan, and I still maybe do this, was to buy the TXC 6.0 which is the exact same speaker that comes in the TXC 6.1 comp set. It comes with it's own X-over and MTX shows it being run off of the same amp as the TXC 6.1's. So I figure I would do the same. Only reason I am not sure I want to go with the TXC 6.0 is that it might not be able to fill in the freq either if the front set can't. You know what i mean? The other option is to run the 6W0s off of the sub amp with proper x-overs obviously. As far as amp space, I'm building an amp rack in the trunk area that if I design it right will have more then enough room for the current amp set up using 2 amps. If I needed to use a 3rd am for the 6W0s I can always stick that under the seat.
1968 VW Beetle
Pioneed DEH-780MP, 2 10' Memphis PR104D, Memphis PR500.1, TXC 6.1, MTX Thunder 8502
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2006 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  

I see what you are saying now. The MTX site shows the 6.1 crossover conected to the 6.0 crossover. Im not sure if that would work with the 6W0 because it doesnt come with a crossover because it is a true subwoofer, not a midrange speaker. I would jus tplay it safe and get a 3rd amp. Im running both of mine off of a mtx 202. 1 sub off of each channel. I used to have a 202 bridged for each 6W0 but that was just a little too much power for them. I have both of my 202s mounted under my front seats. They are small and easy to hide.

"People with mullets live 40% longer"   - Ricky Bobby
aceracer24 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2006 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
no it doesn't come with a crossover but i am sure I could find/make one. Either way your probably right, I should just go with another amp. I actually fought over getting a 4 channel or the current 2 channel amp because I knew I would eventually install rear speakers. I opteded for the 2 because of the higher watt per channel that I needed currently.
1968 VW Beetle
Page of 5

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic