icon

2006 Kia Sorento, transponder bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
brianh 
Silver - Posts: 516
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2006 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
Me and my wife just purchased this vehicle. I cant fiqure out if it has a transponder based security on it. I know that they make a bypass for this vehicle. It is a ex model loaded with everything. Also has anyone had any dealings with the code alarm ca 680 remote start system? Good bad over rated? Thanks in advance.                        Brian
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 22, 2006 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
I don't think there is any transponder in the Sorento, at least not the US model.
If you really want to be 100% sure, You could just go to the dealership (or hardware store) and have a non-transponder key made for the car........if it starts, you're all set.
nyrngrs24 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2006 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  
i got a sorento too. i dont think US models have the transponders. atleast up to 2005. dont know about 2006 , but go to www.sorentosite.com. great forum dedicated to sorento owners. i am a big poster there, has hundreds of members. people there will know. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic