icon

How do i add airhorns with (-) output

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrcllusb 
Copper - Posts: 489
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2006 at 7:14 AM / IP Logged  
I have a clifford arrow 3 that has a (-)siren output that i want to add airhorns to.I've looked at the relay diagrams on here,and i know i need a standard relay and flasher,but they all talk about a positive siren output.How would a add airhorns to my arrow 3 that has a negative siren output?I only want the airhorns to go off if the alarm is activated,not during arming and disarming.
"ole blake"
mrcllusb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2006 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  
anyone?
"ole blake"
godblessdremil 
Silver - Posts: 273
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2006 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged  
Same concept an automotive relay is a magnetic switch that when the coil is energized it switches. But i'll give it to you without a lesson. Ok your going to need two relayes, I will distinct between them by labling in ()
85(1)-(+)12volt   86(1)-Ground When Armed   30(1)-(+)12volt
87(1) connect to 85 of relay two
85(2)-Output from 87(1)   86(2)-(-)Siren Output       30(2)-(+)12volt   87(2)-(+)Airhorn
mrcllusb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2006 at 4:35 AM / IP Logged  
Okay got it.So to add the flasher into this setup,i would take 87 from relay (2)to the (X)on the flasher,and from the(L)i would go to the airhorn(+).
"ole blake"
dualsport 
Silver - Posts: 983
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2006 at 8:56 AM / IP Logged  
If you use that configuration, you might consider using a transistor instead of a relay for inverting the signal polarity, otherwise it's going to result in a high standby current from the relay coil being energized whenever the alarm is armed.
You generally want to avoid having standard relays energized in the standby mode, to avoid draining the battery when left parked for extended periods-
mrcllusb 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2006 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  
So how would you wire it Dualsport?
"ole blake"
dualsport 
Silver - Posts: 983
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2006 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  
Could try something like this-
Instead of using the Gnd while armed signal to gate out the pulses while arming or disarming, this would put a delay on the trigger so that the relay doesn't kick in for short pulses of the siren (-) output. You might experiment with the values of R1 and C1 depending on how long your arming pulses are. Add your flasher to the output of the relay to have it pulse.
How do i add airhorns with (-) output - Last Post -- posted image.
There's probably some easier way to do all this from some feature of your alarm, but if not, you could give this a try-

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic