option group, alarm, 02 eclipse

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
evileclipse3g 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2006 at 1:55 AM / IP Logged  

hi, my question that i hope that someone can answer is:

in my installation directions(which i can post a picture of if needed) say(connections i have questions about are bold with the question following it underlined:

Left Plug :  black- grounding(obvious), red- 12v+(obvoius), white- light (o/p +5A), white- light (o/p +5a)[yes this was on there 2 times and have wires to match] what lights do i connect these to? the parking lights?, BLACK/ white- open dormer (o/p -500mA) what are they calling a dormer? , WHITE/ blue- engine cap (o/p -500 mA) is this a wire used to tell me if my hood gets opened? if so how would i connect it?, GREEN/ black- rolling up windows (o/p -500mA), RED / white- the trunk (o/p -500mA) would this used to tell me if my trunk is opened?, green- unlock (o/p -500mA), blue- lock (o/p -500mA)

Right Plug :  RED / black- turn off headlight (i/p +), purple- side door positive (i/p+), green- side door negitive (i/p -) any ideas on what this would be connected to?  if it is to be used for telling me if the doors get opened then let me know and i can take care of the trunk and doors with the same connection :-)

yes, i am a newbie at alarm installation but i consider myself knowledgeable in automotive electronics and audio installations, i know that audio and alarm installations are very different but it may help :-)

my vehicle is an 02 eclipse gt 5 speed.  the alarm model is option group model LD 168 SIRES(should that be series? just going by what the book said)

please let me know what you guys/gals think, i am hoping to install the alarm this weekend(ive had the alarm for over a year and have yet to attempt to install it and am tired of it sitting around protecting nothing) and if anyone needs more information please let me know that as welll

If at first you do not complete the project, read the instructions.
slammedb5 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2006 at 3:40 AM / IP Logged  

2 light flash wires for european cars? save these wires for last and just meter tham during arm/disarm. "dormer" is most likely for dome supervision. if ur dome comes on with unlock, ignore this wire. engine cap i have no clue about. RED / white is probably trunk trigger input, instant on. purple is probably negative door trigger, green is probably positive door trigger, if i'm reading the instructions correctly. door triggers are usually progressive, so don't hook up trunk and doors on the same wire, for ur own sanity. i have never heard of option group alarms, so don't quote me. call tech support when in doubt

EK Civic
security
no audio
evileclipse3g 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2006 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
to be honest, im just gonna scratch installing it and get like a viper or clifford and go that way, this alram has no tech support or anything so im gonna just go with one that does and either sell or part out this one, thanks though and if anyone wants it, let me know
If at first you do not complete the project, read the instructions.
jhull 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2006 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
well if it helps
white wires go to the parking light curcuit of the car.
black white seems to be dome light control. (optional) but will needs a relay to control the dome light curcuit
WHITE/ blue is a output (Im assuming its meant to activate a remote starter) i dont think you are using this
green black is another output (optional) to control a window module
RED / white is a output for trunk release. (not trunk trigger)
as far as the right plug...
purple is to be used if you have a (+) door trigger
green is to be used for a (-) door trigger
the trunk trigger would have to be wired into one of these as well I believe your door trigger and trunk trigger are (-) so you wouldnt use the purple wire and you will need to to split the green into two wires and put diodes in one would go to the door trigger and the other one will go to the trunk trigger.
im sure this alarm would work but im really surprised there is no starter kill or even igntion trigger.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic