icon

3 speakers 2 channels

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
firelizard 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2006 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  

1998 Mazda Protege, Pioneer Premier 50x4 with 3 preouts, hooked up to Pioneer 220W 6x9" in the rear, stock 25w Pioneer in the front.

What I'm wondering is, can I hook up the positive of my 50w RMS Optimus (yes, I know it's garbage) to the right channel rear positive and the negative to the left channel rear negative (or vice versa)? Would this damage my head unit in any way? There are no amps involved.

I'd like some feedback before I risk this. I've already done it with the stock headunit and stock speakers but I just want to be extra certain with this new equipment.

jfunk06 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2006 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  
Lol, you should be good.  Just make sure your ohm load is reasonably close to the normal load so you dont fry your deck
Govenor of Jimcinati
93' GMC Safari XT
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 10, 2006 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  

If you want to add another speaker, use an amp.  Otherwise you'll put too low an impedence load on the amp.  It may work for a little while, but it will give you problems in the near future.  Then you'll have to disconnect that speaker, and buy a new deck (and an amp if you still want to add your other speaker).

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
firelizard 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2006 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  

Okay, thanks for the feedback. I'll pick up a garbage amp for my garbage subwoofer lol

Need something to take some of the stress off my other speakers, I won't need to push them as much to get the depth

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic