icon

2005 BMW 330Xi Door Trigger?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
james.oco 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  

I'm having trouble locating the door triggers for a 2005 BMW 330Xi. I've seen it posted that there are 4 separate wires, located at the General Module, behind the glovebox, in the middle plug (wires (-): BROWN / Grey / YELLOW, BROWN / Grey / YELLOW, BROWN / Grey, and BROWN / Black) However, these wires do not test and do not work with the alarm door trigger. Any suggestions?

Jim O'Connor
joe_1 
Silver - Posts: 286
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2006 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  

sorry to ask a stupid question but how are you testing them?

also you can get a trigger from the domelight at the moduel then it will provide an input from all the doors to your alarm, if thats what you are doing.

i am also a technician so if you have any engine trouble let me know, and i will do my best to help.
james.oco 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2006 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  

To test I am using my DMM and looking at how the voltage on the wires react when the doors are opened and closed.  When I test in this way, I can not get them to react at all to the doors opening and closing.  If I used the domelight, wouldn't the domelight delay cause a problem? 

Jim O'Connor
joe_1 
Silver - Posts: 286
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2006 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  
it should be ok as the power drops as soon as the system is armed the power is faded out, and as for the door pin wires have you tried getting the connections at the doors themselves
i am also a technician so if you have any engine trouble let me know, and i will do my best to help.
gregory863 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2006 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
are you putting one side of you dmm to 12v positive and the other to the wires mentioned? you should do that and then open each door when you do it'll read 12 volts. before you start opening doors touch the probe to ground to make shure you're ste up right.
I can eat fifty eggs

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic