icon

1st Attempt Fibreglass Sub Box

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Melted Fabric 
Silver - Posts: 509
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2006 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
For a first timer, you had me fooled.  Excellent looking box.  One question though, how did you calculate the air space inside the enclosure before you layed the fleece or Fglass over it?  You know, so each woofer is slapping around the air properly.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
When you do not know what you are doing and what you are doing is the best -- that is inspiration.
Cougar.Modder 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2006 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the replies again guys.
I used the calculation of each sub needing .5 - 2 Cubic feet each, and there is 2.75 cu feet per side for the subs. I am not sure the exact sound it will produce until them subs are in. But honestly, I just can't wait to hear the BOOM BOOM again. Keep you all posted on the sanding, sanding and paint as it goes along.
Alpine 7830 HU-4X100 W McIntosh -2X110 W McIntosh-MB Quart Q's Mid Tweets-4X10" Phoenix Gold Subs-Phoenix Gold EQ215ix-AC Epi-PG Line Driver-Phoenix Gold 1 Farad Cap -Clifford Avantguard 4-2 Ear Plugs
Melted Fabric 
Silver - Posts: 509
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2006 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
Well, your overall design is solid.  I am sure it will sound like what your expecting.  Damn man, good job again for a first timer.  I love shots, post as many shots of your project you can.
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
When you do not know what you are doing and what you are doing is the best -- that is inspiration.
Cougar.Modder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2006 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone ever use the Bondo that is Sun Hardened? I am trying this NEW REVOLUTIONARY material out and it goes on nice and easy. Hardly any mess and spreads very smooth. Its clear when it dries up pretty much except if you have little blobs then its a yellowish colour. Wondering if this was a good choice for the final coats. Anyone got experience with this stuff???
Thanks
Alpine 7830 HU-4X100 W McIntosh -2X110 W McIntosh-MB Quart Q's Mid Tweets-4X10" Phoenix Gold Subs-Phoenix Gold EQ215ix-AC Epi-PG Line Driver-Phoenix Gold 1 Farad Cap -Clifford Avantguard 4-2 Ear Plugs
mustangfoo 
Silver - Posts: 371
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2006 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
quick question bud, I am having probs on my build up right now and cant get the dowels to stick and not move, what did you use to hold down your dowels and speaker mounts?
Cougar.Modder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2006 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
Lots of HOT GLUE STICKS. Just I had my wife hold the rods. Like she's never done that before for me!!! (He He) but then it was easy so make sure you have a good glue gun and dowel alreaady cut to size then go to it. Good luck.
mustangfoo 
Silver - Posts: 371
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2006 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
thx I tryed that but everytime I seem to stretch the fleece it collapses!
Cougar.Modder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2006 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
Try using more dowels then. How many speakers and what size are you trying. Maybe start a new thread as this is now off topic here or PM me.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic