Avic-D1, arrow points as if going backward

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BobyYoo 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2006 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

i just installed the pioneer avic-d1, and the arrow on my screen shows the direction as if i'm going backward. The direction it tells me to go is wrong, because im going forward but it thinks that i'm going backward.

example., it tells me to turn right next 100m, but since it thinks that i'm going backward, the more i drive forward, the more i'm getting away from that 100m. Then it tells me turn right next 200m, next 300m etc...

I did not plug my reverse wire, and neither the vss wire. Do you think that is the problem? My gps antenna is in the left corner of the dash.

I have heard from so many peoples not using these two wires. They are telling me it is not mandatory unless you plan to use a backup cam.  

what do you think my problem is ?

infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2006 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
let the system calibrate, you do not need the vss or reverse wires for it to work properly, it will set itself in hybrid mode, you can also reset the unit and let it calibrate again.
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2006 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  
Hook the VSS and reverse wires up. They are required for proper operation.   Make sure that the GPS antenna is not obstructed by metal to the side of it. It will work better if it has a small metal plate below it.
sparky
BobyYoo 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2006 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  

i got it to work now.

i had to zoom in, and then i could choose current location, then i could rotate the arrow...

neal1154@yahoo. 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2006 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  

you don't need the vss wire hooked up on any pioneer nav unit in order for it to work properly all you need is a good gps antenna

"navi neal"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic