icon

viper 791 remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
reefguy 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2006 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  
i installed a viper 791 on my wifes 96 lexus es300 couple months ago, everything worked perfect, was using remote start on a regular basis, but now the remote will not work, when the start button pressed twice, no icon on the screen, the brake wire, neutral safety , tach wire, were all checked, but when the alarm is set, the led flashes 6 times and pauses and 6 again and so on. according to the manual 6 flashes means (-) shutdown (h3/3gray), so does this mean the remote start was disabled thru the remote some how. looking for advices, thanks,.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2006 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
check the hood pin
reefguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2006 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  

the hood pin is operating fine, but when i armed and disarm, the hood icon does flash, but when i set the alarm and hand released the hood pin, it set the alarm off like normal. but still led flashing 6 times.

jhull 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2006 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  
the only negitive triggers are the neutral safty and the hood pin, perhaps the hood pin isnt making good contact to the hood when you close it?
reefguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2006 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  

i went thru every wire and plug to the brain, relay, and replaced to a brand new hood pin, i even held it down with my hand and tried to remote start and still nothing. question for you guys, when you the orange button to remote start is pressed twice to start, the icon (exhaust smoke) on the lcs doesn't even come up. the reason i recently changed the hood pin was due to when the alarm is set or turn off  the hood icon flashes, just runnning out of ideas, so there is no disabling the remote start?

swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2006 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  
take off the wire that goes to the hood pin make sure it dotn touch gound. then test, wire can also be shorted to ground
reefguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2006 at 3:01 AM / IP Logged  
will give that a try, thanks,..
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2006 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
Mabye the wire has worn through some where and is grounding out. Try cutting the hood pin wire within about 8 inches of the brain and try it. If it works then rerun the hood pin wire using a new wire.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
enihcamxes4you 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2006 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
hood pins arent needed...  i never use them on my own personal vehicles.
Lenny Jenkins
MECP First Class Installer
6 years

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic