icon

Adding a power door lock switch

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crxratedr 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2006 at 2:52 AM / IP Logged  
I was looking at that 5 wire alternating relay diagram but wasnt too sure if the alarm would function like it should or if the switch will hurt the alarm.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 07, 2006 at 6:06 AM / IP Logged  

captainzab wrote:
https://www.the12volt.com/uploads/files/Viper%20600%20ESP.pdf
My bad, i never looked at the 600 brain,
the info about the relay and 451m is wrong, and kpierson didnt even catch it Adding a power door lock switch - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
I am so sorry dude, lesson to learn, open the file on all alarm module to make sure you know what you are talking about
Well, GREEN/ Black is the lock and Blue/Black is unlock.
Your right about the 3 prong and how the middle one is ground. Great, now the other 2 prong are used to pulse a relay to control the actuators.
The problem is, you cant use the alarm relay set up because its apart of the brain. (H2 harness)
The only way now is to wire up 2 relays, exactly like this
well, after you wire this relay up, you have your 2 other prong from the switch. pulse the 86 green wire and 85 dark blue wire (according to the diagram from the link)
like, when you press the button forward, it locks your actuators while you press it back it unlocks the actuators.
You can wire the "to actuators" wire (according to diagram)to the actuator wire that the alarm is connected to.
Hope i made that clear enough for you to understand

Ha, not many DEI alarms have built in relays for door locks!  Either way though, relays STILL exist, they will just be harder to get to (or maybe easier).  A PCB mounted relay shouldn't be much different then an external relay.  With a volt meter and a little time you should be able to locate the door lock relays on the alarm brain and find the coil pins.  At that point, all you have to do is figure out if they are switching the + or - (my guess is -), then hardwire the new switches in.  Most DEI alarms use a darlington trasnsitor configuration to drive all the outputs, including the door locks, so isolation shouldn't be an issue.

Kevin Pierson
crxratedr 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2006 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
Umm.. I don't know. I think you just confused me. Maybe if you can examine the Viper 600 ESP alarm installation guide and check out the 3 wire switch type and added actuator type and come up with a diagram. I believe the brain has a harness, for lock and unlock wires, which connects to 2 relays and then runs to the actuator. I don't want to mess up the alarm but want to add that switch.
crxratedr 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2006 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  
So what am I suppose to do? All I want is a switch that locks and unlocks the doors while still working with the already installed Viper alarm and aftermarker door lock actuators. Should I hard wire the OEM door lock switch or use relays? And how should I do either of them? Which ever way is the correct way. I don't want to mess up the alarm. I can fix cars, install stereos, wire stuff and what not, but I don't really know the ins and outs of electronics and its insides or anything like that. So help me out and tell me what to do. Thanks for any and all the help.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic