icon

Factory Ford Alarm Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
extreme_crx 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2006 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
I have a customer with a 1998 Ford F250 with the factory alarm system. Problem is that it falses often for no reason when armed. I heard that you can isolate the trigger wire to solve this problem and still have the keyless entry. Does anyone know how this is done and which wire has to be isolated. I assume that this should be able to done at the anti theft RAP module.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2006 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  
Is it a factory or Ford dealer installed alarm? Two totally different things. If its factory, the only thing that triggers it is the door triggers. One of them may be going bad. I have seen the drivers side go bad on that generation Ford Superduty a bunch of times.
12voltmaster 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2006 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
Your doortrigger input on your aftermarket alarm is positive or negative ?? This vehicule is doorpin closed circuit. It is posible your alarm goes off after 25 minutes ?? It is possible to isolate all the doorpin on this vehicule with diode and resistor. I cant make you a diagram.
JWorm 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2006 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
12voltmaster wrote:
Your doortrigger input on your aftermarket alarm is positive or negative ?? This vehicule is doorpin closed circuit. It is posible your alarm goes off after 25 minutes ?? It is possible to isolate all the doorpin on this vehicule with diode and resistor. I cant make you a diagram.
This would be possible on later year F250's. Not on a 1998.
12voltmaster 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2006 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  
JWorm wrote:
This would be possible on later year F250's. Not on a 1998.
Is the same of all the year to 2006. I'm sure you connect on doorpin to domelight on positif trigger and your aftermarket alarm goes off after 25 minutes.
You need to go on factory doorpin. For example FORD 2004 F-250: DOOR FL : GREEN/ YELLOW, RL : Lt. GREEN/ YELLOW,
            FR : Pink/Lt.Blue, RR : Pink/Lt.Blue.
Like this :
Factory Ford Alarm Problem - Last Post -- posted image.
extreme_crx 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2006 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  

JWorm wrote:
Is it a factory or Ford dealer installed alarm? Two totally different things. If its factory, the only thing that triggers it is the door triggers. One of them may be going bad. I have seen the drivers side go bad on that generation Ford Superduty a bunch of times.

Yes, it is the ford dealer installed alarm. The truck is the light duty F250 . Is the switch possibly the problem since the alarm goes off intermittently doesn't do it every time.

JWorm 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2006 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
extreme_crx wrote:

JWorm wrote:

Yes, it is the ford dealer installed alarm. The truck is the light duty F250 . Is the switch possibly the problem since the alarm goes off intermittently doesn't do it every time.

Your domelight ever come on while driving, even just a quick flicker? How about the door ajar light on the instrument cluster? That ever come on while driving?
extreme_crx 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2006 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
JWorm wrote:
extreme_crx wrote:

JWorm wrote:

Your domelight ever come on while driving, even just a quick flicker? How about the door ajar light on the instrument cluster? That ever come on while driving?

I don't believe that there has been a problem with the domelight or the door ajar light coming on while driving.

wentworth007 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2006 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
you dont have to diode isolate all those wires. you can go straight to the domelight if it works. just find out if the domelight is neg/ or pos. then use the neg or pos door trigger on the alarm. but you must tell the customer. or whoever that you install it for that they must keep the domelight on door trigger for it to work. if it is a factory alarm take out fuses for factory alarm and tell them to buy a aftermarket.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic