icon

blew my craphack sub

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
irocthump 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2006 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  

I blew my Power acoustik Fubar today. My entire car smelled so bad. It was Brand new replacement for one i killed manually. wen i put it in i wired it and my other PA to a 1ohm load. I know it was wired EXACTLY to the specs on this very site and i even kept the volume on my Head unit below 20.

Could the 1ohm load have killed it or did i brak it in wrong.

I am going to castrate myself.

Im A SkEEzeR
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2006 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
My guess is your amplifier is setup incorrectly.
Support the12volt.com
cloak559 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2006 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
I wouldnt castrate yourself just yet, you may regret it later in life. Power Acoustik's have been know to blow out quite often, they usually take a bit longer to break in. I had my FubR 12 for almost a month and blew it trying to pump up the volume. So my advise, replace it with another type of sub...
'89 Mercedes-Benz 300E
Pioneer DEH-5900UB
(2)RE Audio SX 10"s
(1)US Amps MD3D
3ft^3 @ 37Hz
Blowing up in a car accident doesnt worry me, as long as I'm putting out some major dB's when I die...
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2006 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
As has been discussed on this forum in the past, break in is BS, Im gonna go with improper amp set up
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
irocthump 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2006 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  
 Well i made sure that wen i got every knob on the amp was turned down to not over power the new amp. Since im new to this stuff, i know that setting gains is important for good sound and sub life, but i sadly dont know how to set those correctly. I s there a place i could find out how to set them, since i guess what happened.
Im A SkEEzeR
fosgate2001 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2006 at 3:57 AM / IP Logged  
you can set up your gain control on your amp very easy turn the gain all the way down on your amp put in a cd that you usually listen to and turn the cd player up to 3/4 volume and start turning the gain up on the amp til it starts to distort and the back it off just a lil bit til u get clean sound and your amp will be setup
dragon51 
Copper - Posts: 283
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2006 at 4:08 AM / IP Logged  

Just do a search it's been covered, the search feature is your friend!blew my craphack sub - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic