icon

Remote start for Carburated Vehicle

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kai211 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2006 at 4:18 AM / IP Logged  

I've only been on the field for awhile and I can do remote starts, security, audio for just about any car that I've encountered but I need some help with my OWN car... I have a 1986 monte carlo SS and I needed to know how to interface a remote start/ alarm into ca... I got the alarm to work..(of course) but Just wondering if it possible to have remote start on a carburated vehicle....  My co worker said its not an dhe's been on the feild for some tyme now... any info would be appreciated thanks :)

Thats SIK!!!!
MrSuperStar 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2006 at 7:54 AM / IP Logged  
my co worker did it on his '74 Chevelle
He said he put an actuator on the choke.
I don't know how carbs work but I'm assuming the actuator simulates having your foot on the gas to get the car going.
sid 951 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2006 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  

if the fuel system is up to par and the electric choke is working correctly it should work, have you tried starting it without hitting the gas? it's been awhile since i've messed with the q-jets in those vehicles 

rallysport 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2006 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
what if you used an aftermarket trunk popper to give the gas pedal a pull during  the remote start crank? im thinking about trying it on our 86 corolla.
dea,can 
Copper - Posts: 284
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2006 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  

have done a couple of them back in the days you are going to need  trunk solenoid actuator and a relay.Remote start for Carburated Vehicle - Last Post -- posted image.

wire it up like a positive trunk release open need to make a bracket to hold it in place then that wire cable off the acuator will go to the gas pedal cable so when u push the trunk release button it will prime the carb or open the choke make sure your carb is in good working order .

dragon
kai211 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2006 at 4:18 AM / IP Logged  

thanks man appreciate the help I'll try that

Thats SIK!!!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic