icon

Focal vs JL

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mtmas8 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2006 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  
I have been looking into two different sets of components the Focal 165K2P 6.5" component set or the JL ZR650-Csi Component sets, I was just wondering the ups and downs of each set and which you would pick. Thanks
Alpine D310 HeadUnit
Alpine PHX-H701 Signal Processor
(2) JL 13W7 Subs
(2) JL 1000/1 Amps
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2006 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  

polyglass,and alunimum cone tweeter for focal.As far as sound quality goes I would vote Focal over JL all day long

rtfm
jvillefinest 
Copper - Posts: 255
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2006 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  
WOW tough one. When we first got in the ZRs we did alot of different listening tests. We just grabbed many different customers in and did alot of different listening tests on many different types of music and had people pick which one they liked on the different types of music. It was funny some songs the ZRs would sound better then the k2ps and others it was opposite. Me personally i chose the k2ps over the ZRs because of more power handling and i just like the sound of the k2ps tweeter over the ZR on more harsh rock tracks. Also we just did a setup in a ranger with 2 sets of ZR650csi with a jl300/2 on each and have already changed out the tweeters. So if you do go ZR probably wouldnt do more then a jl300/4. but either way you go you are getting great speakers.
2007 Acura TSX
SQ setup in the works
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2006 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
focal is world renoun for their high end equipment. I personally run focals in my car and will never switch to anything else (unless I win the lottery). Ill recommend them all day long.
"People with mullets live 40% longer"   - Ricky Bobby
markcars 
Silver - Posts: 662
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2006 at 2:07 PM / IP Logged  
My vote goes to the focals. I have played around with a few speakers and subs and ended up with Focals all around including subs. I love my focals. I may not be a conoisseur of sounds, but I do like sq, sq and more sq.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic