the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2006 dodge ram 1500 ignition bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2006 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  
Whats up guys i have been in the field and a memeber of this forum for a long time. however heres my delema.
I need to put a alarm remote start in a 06 dodge 1500 crew cab. installing it is not the problem. the problem lies in the fact that this car did not come with the third igntion key or valet key. my current keys have the remote build on to them and i would like not to have to bury one of those in my dash even though after install alarm i will gain new key fobs i dont want to hide one of those. i know chrysler uses the sentry key system but dont know if this dodge truck uses it.. would it be worth it for me to try to use a 555c pelet bypass and if that dont work use a 556uw.
but here is the question for those who might know. i can get a one of the grey dodge/ chrysler transponder keys but does anyone know if it will program to the car so that it would become like a valet key. so that i dont have to bury one of my keys with remote built into it. has anyone done a remote start in this car in any other way with some type of bypass that does not require use of remote included factory key./
i have no problem installing and hiding a key in this car. i just dont want to hide the good keys if you know what i mean
i called dodge and they were like duh umm i dont know.
since this is florida i can expect that for two reasons most people suck and two this is not a big remote start state. so most dealers whould not have a clue ill try to call another all help would be nice. i dont need wire charts or anything like that dont use them i brake out the dmm and find the right wires. ie multiplex door locks, multiplex parking light wires. individual door triggers etc. for all those who know dodge you know what im talking about
well thanks in advance if you have solid info for me please pm me or email me at nyinstaller@netscape.net.   Ps i preffer dei products but if another company that i can trust makes a bypass usefull for this car let me know
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 25, 2006 at 12:55 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, you can program a regular key, as long as you get the correct one.
No, the 555C doesn't work on new-style Chryslers----the transponders are different. However, the 556C is the part you would want.
All in all, it is cheaper to buy a blank key from howardkeys.com, hlflake.com, or ebay.com........ plant it in a 556U, and program it yourself.
The correct key should have the letter "S" stamped on the metal blade, near the head. Many Chrysler dealers will have these keys in stock.
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2006 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  
thanks chris thats what i thought and have done so in the past but was not 100% sure but thanks man i would have bought the key and programed it anyway. just to see if it would work than bury it for the rs
so the 556c which is just the newer one will work. if so then should i get both bypasses and key if for some reason the 556c does not work
it would cost me 15 bucks or less would it be worth it and the key would cost me cheep to
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
12voltmaster 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2006 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
djfearny2 wrote:
thanks chris thats what i thought and have done so in the past but was not 100% sure but thanks man i would have bought the key and programed it anyway. just to see if it would work than bury it for the rs
so the 556c which is just the newer one will work. if so then should i get both bypasses and key if for some reason the 556c does not work
it would cost me 15 bucks or less would it be worth it and the key would cost me cheep to
Me I suggest you to install a CAN-SL and a Pats-Chrysler-04+ from CrimeStopper or AutoPage.
I install this 2 week before... work great... no come back....
CAN-SL lock,unlock, factory arm and disarm, tach, door status all via databus.
Pats-Chrysler-04+ for transponder and second starter negative. You don't need to add 2 relay, diodes and resistors All built-in in kit.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic