push start button with starter interrupt

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kash_2006 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2006 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  
hi all
i want to install a starter button into my 1995 civic hatch. i have push start button two seperate buttons one for accersory and one for ignition with two l.e.d's.i could use one of the first two starter inturrupts to keep my vehical secure as i want to go compleatly keyless. no my question is do i use a 30 or a 40 amp relay and what other methods could i use with regards to relays to prevent someone breaking in to my can and pressing the button and driving away. i think this topic would be very usefull as there is a lot people wanting to do this but there is no guidence for this subject.
thank you if you reply
kash
placebo-pete 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2006 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Kash

You have a very valid  point about the whole just pushing the button and driving away thing. unfortunately I havent tried the starter button using three buttons so it would be ill advised of me to suggest anything untill I knew more i'll ask around and see what I can find out.

As for the relays I personally have always used 40Amp relays, just because when it comes to ignition wiring and such I would always err on the side of safety afterall nobody wants to try driving a piece of charcoal down the street!

You never know maybe there's a few other guys out there looking at this who maybe able to help out.

Cheers

Placebo-Pete

philaf 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2006 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  

hidden switch....

normally, you're starter button relay should be hooked up as follows..

85..  ground

86.. +12v signal from push to start button

30.. +12v constant (or ignition)

87.. output to starter wire

now instead of doing that, interrupt the relay's ground (85) with a hidden momentary switch.. that way, you could hide a small button somewhere that you have to press at the same time. without the second button being held, the relay would see no ground. no ground = no trigger

you could even take this a step farther by having the +12v line before the push to start button on a hidden switch as well.. for example, make it so you have to have the headlights on in order to start.

tap into headlight wire..... connect to one side of push to start button..... connect other side of push to start button to relay (86 in description above)

this way, you'd have to turn on your headlights first.. then hold down hidden button... then push the start button. any thief that could figure that out deserves to take it... haha

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic