icon

Momentary Switch compatibility

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jonchos 
Copper - Posts: 256
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2006 at 7:44 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Clifford Matrix RSIII and i want to get the remote start take over momentary switch hooked up.  I have a regular push on valet switch(The one that comes with every DEI alarm with black and grey wire and a blue connector at the end) and I was wondering if that would work or I need to get one that has an on and off position and is more like a toggle switch. Thx.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 28, 2006 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
What you have is good....definitely want a momentary switch.
All you have to do is cut the plug from the switch, connect one wire to ground, and connect the other wire to the Clifford's remote-start activation input.
The way the switch works, it doesn't matter in the least which wire is used for what........but I like to do all my installs the same way, to make troubleshooting easier.......so I like to make the black wire be the ground.
Also, if you don't want to use the switch........if your power mirror switch is on the dashboard (rather than in the door), you can usually find a wire there that'll pulse a ground when you tap the mirror button........then leave the left/right switch in the middle, so you won't be moving the mirrors around when you don't want to.
jonchos 
Copper - Posts: 256
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2006 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
Interesting about the mirror switch. I have mine in the door soo....I think I am just going to use the extra valet switch and put in a weird place so is not visible. thx.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic