icon

2006 Hyundai Azera

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kustomkingsiny 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2006 at 5:54 AM / IP Logged  
ok so i install alarms and remote starts for a new car dealership and install in toyota, subaru, kia, hyundai, mitsubishi,and chrysler...now ive had problem with the hyundai azera. i cant seem to find the power lock and power unlock . ive tried it right at the switch but it doesnt work after the programing is all done but from the factory remote it still works..we have had other installers install their alarms in it and still the same problem the locks are sed to be at the switch but still nothing....if anybody has any information on how to fix this problem id really appreciate this thank you
KustomKing Of Staten Island
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 03, 2006 at 6:55 AM / IP Logged  
I've only done one Azera, but I managed to get it to work, and a co-worker of mine has reported that my method has worked for him, as well.
There is a third wire in the driver's door that needs to be interfaced, which the tech sheet does not tell you about.
Have you done doorlocks on a Toyota Sequoia, Avalon, or Lexus RX300? For the Azera, it's going to be similar, but different............
I don't know hot to draw diagrams online, so I will describe this in text, but if you can find a doorlock diagram for one of those tricky Toyotas, you might better understand what I'm talking about.
Okay, here's what you do.
---Find FOUR wires at the power window switch in the driver's door:
lock--BROWN / orange
unlock--pink
constant power--i forget
unlock detection--gray/black
TIP: The gray/black unlock detection wire, like a Toyota, will show a GROUND when the doors are UNLOCKED, and it'll go dead when they are locked.
---Run three wires from your aftermarket system into the driver's door..........lock, unlock, and dome supervision.
---To lock the doors, you must pulse the BROWN / orange, AND break the gray/black with a relay.
To unlock the doors, you must ground the gray/black BEFORE pulsing the pink.
---Wire everything up like this:
A. FOR LOCKING:
Cut the gray/black wire in half; connect each half to 87a, and 30 on a relay. (87 is not used.)
Connect 85 from the relay to the constant-power wire in the door. (Or, run your own fused constant wire from inside the car if you prefer.)
Take your lock output from your remote starter.....connect it to the BROWN / orange lock wire in the car, AND to 85 on the relay.
B. FOR UNLOCKING:
Take the unlock output from your remote starter, and split it with two diodes.
Connect one of the diodes to the pink unlock wire in the car. Connect the other diode to the gray/black unlock detection wire in the car.
Also, connect your dome supervision output to the gray/black unlock detection wire in the car.
(I know you have already cut the gray/black in half and connected it to the relay.........and it doesn't matter which side of the relay your unlock output is connected to.)
(You would probably want to make your relay, dome-supervision, and diode-unlock connections all at the same place for neatness and time-saving........but I described the connections separately, so they might make more sense.)
PROGRAM your remote starter for double-pulse unlocking.
-----HOW IT WORKS:
Locking: When you press lock on the remote, the BROWN / orange lock wire in the car receives a ground, AND the gray/black gets broken momentarily by the relay.
Unlocking: When you press unlock on the remote, the first unlock pulse actually does nothing.
But, the dome supervision wire puts a ground onto the gray/black.......which is what the car wants......and by the time the second unlock pulse comes around, the doors will unlock.
wrxsti161 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  
for whatever strange reason. i got these door locks to work only using BROWN / orange, and pink?? is there something wrong that it does that maybe i didnt pick up on???? if it comes back, i will atleast know how to tackle the problem, but as i said the vehicle left my shop with no problems at all.  We will see. 
David
MECP Basic Installer Certification

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic