Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bsd1 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2006 at 1:34 AM / IP Logged  
Fastlearner wrote:
what the hell is wrong with that. Its a little to the left
That is exactly what I was told by the installer. Three inch to the left is too obvious.
Fastlearner wrote:
maybe the wire couldn't be reached.
I thought so earlier as well. But then I found out a great length of antenna was taped up near the brain. Want me to take a pic of that to proof you? I guess not. Like I said, most installers have good workmanship. I by no mean to offend some of you lazy installers. Just to let you know that it's a very big deal.
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2006 at 2:36 AM / IP Logged  

The antenna should have been placed at the center of the windshield, nuff said. Just because its noticable and first time owners always bitch about everything and act like they know whats wrong.If you were to buy a alarm/etc from my shop and install, we have a lifetime warranty, but if someone goes behind me and starts unplugging sh** and doing this and that,guess what , your on your own,regardless if your having problems or not.If you were having problems w/ it, call or come back to the shop, let them deal w/ it, because thats their responsibility.Sorry that you got F*ed on your deal,you gotta watch out for those corner shops, great for some things, not others! I'd like to see pics of the install though.

sS

rtfm
bdl666 
Silver - Posts: 330
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2006 at 3:18 AM / IP Logged  
This all sounds like an episode of Monk.
ieSpell rocks.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 07, 2006 at 8:01 AM / IP Logged  
Fastlearner wrote:
what the hell is wrong with that. Its a little to the left but maybe the wire couldn't be reached. I think showing that picture will bring a new doodieload of bash to you. Why are you complaining about that. Because its a little to the left, no biggie, works the same.
Fastlearner,
If we install something like a sunroof or a leather interior, there are MANY opportunities to do either beautiful or poor work..........when a customer picks up a car from a leather install, and sees all of the seams neat and straight, no wrinkes or lumps......it makes them very happy, and they'll want to do business with us again.
Same thing for installing amps and/or subwoofers; there's a lot of stuff for the customer to look at and appreciate.
But when we install an alarm or remote starter, nearly everything is out of sight........the car doesn't look or behave any differently from before.......unlike a leather interior, it appears to the customer that they've just spent HUNDREDS of dollars for a couple of little remotes.
So, as alarm installers, we have very little opportunity to show off our skills to the customer.
The only opportunities we really have are the antenna, LED, valet switch, owner's manual, and remotes.......that's all the customer gets to see.
If the LED is mounted neatly and without scratches, the owner's manual on the dash, valet switch in a good spot where they're not going to bang it with their foot, the clock on the LCD remote set to the proper time and attached to customer's keychain.......and the antenna mounted nicely.............the customer will be impressed.
If they see the LED off-center, the antenna crooked, owner's manual on the garage floor with a footprint on it, and the remote tossed on the cash-register counter, the customer will think (and rightly so) that we are incompetent slobs.
I'm a neat-freak and detail oriented........not all installers are and that's understandable........but it is best if we assume customers are that way.
Likewise, a clever electrician will install all of his switchplate and outlet covers with all of the screws lined up either vertically or horizonatally........customers notice and love that stuff.
customak47 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2006 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  

fast learner,

looks like a doodieload of bash fell on someone..... did you figure out your GTO?

My rifle is my friend...
Fastlearner 
Silver - Posts: 346
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2006 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
After hour of hour of trying to find it I explained to the owner in great detail everything i did. I showed him every wire i ran and he understood that there was nothing that i could have done to do that. So he left and was cool with it.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic