icon

No Hazard or turning

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Neo2Neo 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2006 at 4:03 PM / IP Logged  

I was worrking on a car planning on installing an alarm, finding the wires i would need

I then connected all the wires again and went to drive the car all worked but the airbag

light would not go off and the hazard lights would not work i've tried looking but nothing

looks unconnected, can you guys give me any help or tips on what i should be looking for

Thanks In Advance  

ringojam 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2006 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  
Did you reconnect the hazzard switch back up did you check all fuses?
Jamaica home of the worlds fastest man.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 11, 2006 at 1:49 AM / IP Logged  
year make and model....?
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2006 at 6:35 AM / IP Logged  
need a make and model of car to help you accurately.
and also how did you test your wires (what did you use)
Why oh Why didn't i take the blue pill
Darren Power
Neo2Neo 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2006 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  

Powermyster wrote:
need a make and model of car to help you accurately.
and also how did you test your wires (what did you use)

Oh Car is Subaru Legacy b4 01' and i used a multimeter to test wires and did not dis-connect the hazard switch. Sorry.. 

bmwpwner 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2006 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  
i believe that the hazard switch and the turn signals are a directly related problem. the turn signals run thru the hazard switch. if you have an OBD II scanner then you could try running a scan and seeing if a code has been tripped in the ECM. if you don't have access to this type of scanner then try your local Auto Zone or Advanced Auto Parts type store and see if they will scan the vehicle for free (i know ours will but i have a scanner of my own for this reason). or if you want you could try taking the battery connections loose and see if the vehicle can be kind of reset. after checking the fuses i would give those things a try. good luck and hope this helps.
"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-Socrates-
Neo2Neo 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2006 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  

bmwpwner wrote:
i believe that the hazard switch and the turn signals are a directly related problem. the turn signals run thru the hazard switch. if you have an OBD II scanner then you could try running a scan and seeing if a code has been tripped in the ECM. if you don't have access to this type of scanner then try your local Auto Zone or Advanced Auto Parts type store and see if they will scan the vehicle for free (i know ours will but i have a scanner of my own for this reason). or if you want you could try taking the battery connections loose and see if the vehicle can be kind of reset. after checking the fuses i would give those things a try. good luck and hope this helps.

Cheers for your help but found the problem was elsewhere, there was a block connector which was held together with a bolt that i had not retighened, a lesson learned...

bmwpwner 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2006 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  

good to hear that you found the problem. here is my method of troubleshooting:

1.  i come up with the most complex, least likely, far fetched problem that could happen which usually involves a BCM of some sorts.

2.  then i like to make sure i don't even look at the possibility that is something inside the installation.

3.  finally i blame the problem on it being an American made vehicle and suggest to the customer they should have bought a German vehicle... LOL!

i'm kidding of course! i guess after over thinking the problem for a while it is really good to have someone with a clear mind shoot out some ideas. glad you found the problem bro.

"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-Socrates-

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic