the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

the perfect amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2006 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
nouseforaname wrote:
so what's the deal with the whole ICE technology? is it really that much better?
Check into it here.
Recently reviewed as the best amplifier technology on the planet, with many accolades world wide... Yeah, it's THAT much better.
Audi recently received " The Best Sounding Car Stereo System In The World", and CES2006, an active system, using ICEpower amplification, received the " Best Sound" award. AMAZING technology, with efficiencies approaching the theoretical limit of 98%, most of the ICEpower modules don't even need heatsinks.
An absolute GOD in the world of high-end amplification, Jeff Rowland has started building his amplifiers on the ICEpower modules. This guy is THE MAN! If you've ever heard his amplifiers, or if you are familiar with the prices he gets for them... (a quick internet search reveals upwards of 6000 dollars US for a USED, ICEpowered M-501, the 500W @ 8 ohm, (1000W @ 4 ohm) monoblock)
After hearing them, I was a convert to Class D amplifiers. Bang and Olufsen has got it DOWN...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Installer_mss 
Copper - Posts: 221
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2006 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  
zapco is some awesome stuff.  IMO, xtant has some good stuff but not anywhere worth the money.  the amps are overpriced like crazy and a pain in the @ss to work with in comparison to others.  i've installed both brands but not any eclipse.  i have heard the are good but i wouldn't say they are perfect.  i doubt anyone here has heard of the brands, Mark Antony or U.S.Amps.  both build tube amplifiers and are VERY, VERY expensive, but tube amps are the best sound quality you can get.
qnretail 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2006 at 2:36 AM / IP Logged  
I have heard of U.S. Amps. From what I've been told they were made a while back and I don't know if they are even in business anymore. Athough I don't know for certain. A buddy of mine has one and if you like that vintage tube sound, I'm sure this would be a gem.
2 x DD9515f's, Digital Designs Z1 amplifier
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2006 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  

haemphyst wrote:
Eclipse DA7122. 950 watts at 2 ohms. ICEPowered. CEA. Reliable. Musical. Powerful. Honest. Eclipse.
Crossovers and subsonic filter built in.
Sounds like a perfect amp to me! the perfect amp - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Okay, haemy, tell me you didn't just cut a promo for Eclipse! the perfect amp - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2006 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  
Paradigm wrote:

haemphyst wrote:
Eclipse DA7122. 950 watts at 2 ohms. ICEPowered. CEA. Reliable. Musical. Powerful. Honest. Eclipse.
Crossovers and subsonic filter built in.
Sounds like a perfect amp to me! the perfect amp - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Okay, haemy, tell me you didn't just cut a promo for Eclipse! the perfect amp - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

It does sound that way, doesn't it?   BWAHAHAHA
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2006 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  
Seriously, for car audio, class D (or other high efficiency designs) make all the sense in the world.
Eclipse has it right with their ICEPower line.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2006 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  

I happen to also choose the Eclipse....imagine that.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
oxygen65 
Silver - Posts: 252
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2006 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
the pioneer 306c subs are a great sub for the money that they cost and to save you maybe a little bit of money from buying a zapco amp or somethin very high end like that i can tell you this about those subs. they do not need a lot of power to get them to be preaty loud. i had 3 of the dvc versions of those subs but the premier's and i had them hooked up to my ma audio 401sx and i didnt even have the gain half way turned up on the amp and it hit 150.8 i kno someone that just bought 2 oh the exact same subs that you have and he is running it off of a kenwood amp like you are looking at and it is preaty loud. the kenwoods are good with those amps
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic