icon

troubleshooting no sound

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeffery0266 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2006 at 12:53 AM / IP Logged  
I just put in a polk audio box in my 2003 Dodge caravan and 2 bazooka amps.I pulled everything out of my 95 eclipse and everything was working fine.I ran all the wires to the back and everything got hooked up but there is no sound comming from the subs or the 6x9's or my 6.5's.The power lights are on on the amps.I am not sure that I chose a good grounding place.But wouldn't the light not come on if the ground wasn't good?Other than that the only thing I know is there are some wrong wiring from the head unit.Has anyone got anything else I can try?Thanks in advance.
bmwpwner 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2006 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged  

what all speakers do you have amplifiers on?

did you change out the head unit?

does this caravan have an infiniti system in it?

where did you ground the aftermarket amplifiers?

"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-Socrates-
jeffery0266 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2006 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
My subs are on a Bazooka ba1500,I have another amp to run my 6x9's and my 6.5 coax(which doesnt fit anywhere in the van).Yes the head unit was switched out from factory to a pioneer.No,the system was not a infinity system.I thought I had a good ground under the rear seat touching the chasis.I drilled a hole around the area that holds the car jack in place.I got sound coming through the subs and the 6x9's but there is alot of engine noise comming through.especially through the 6x9's.I had to unplug them all togather.Does anyone know of a better ground I could try?
bmwpwner 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2006 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  

i usually find a flat piece of metal as close to the amp as possible (free from the gas tank, etc.) and sand the paint off with a mini air sander. then use a self tapping screw to pilot hole the ground then i use a slightly bigger diameter screw to secure the actual ground to the chassis. btw, all grounds should be ganged together and put on the same sanded area if possible. good luck and hope this helps.

"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-Socrates-
jeffery0266 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2006 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys,I put a screw through the metal close to the car jack and still got alot of noise.I tried a ground loop isolator and it didn't do anything.I pulled out the HU and was messin around and I pulled one of the rear outputs and layed it on the top of the HU.When I did the noise stopped for a second!I took the output jack and held it against the HU and the noise stopped completly.So I hooked everything back up and wrapped a stainless wire around the jack connection and taped it up and grounded the wire to the HU.Thats been 3 days ago and everything sounds great.I got some of the titanium concept 6x9's for the front door.They soud awesome,only problem there is that they are too deep.I had to put 5 1/4 inch washers to use as spacers so the window would roll up.Does anyone have any suggestions about what I should use in the front dash?I have been told that only a few 5.25 will fit because of the depth problem.I would like a desecnt set of mid-range.I am also looking for another Amp for my subs they are polk in a box,they can do 750 continuous,I am only using 500.Any ideas?Thanks for the response.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic