the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Whats your favorite special tool?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Installer_mss 
Copper - Posts: 221
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2006 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
i love the snap-on auto wire strippers.  they strip sideways, not at the tip making it easy to strip the end of a wire or a section of a whole wire in a harness.  also the wire pusher and wire grommet tool by snap on...has a hollow shaft and fairly sharp point you can use to go through factory grommets in the firewall without cutting.  also the snapon vantage multi-meter is great, has graphing and split screen functions...great for tach signals and finding the VSS wire but a little on the expensive side (i paid 2 grand for mine)
"If a man made it, another can modify it...it just takes some thinking."
"If you ask questions, you're a fool for 5 minutes; if you don't, you're a fool for a lifetime."
tragik 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2006 at 2:19 AM / IP Logged  

I have a snap-on solus. Great for electrical diagnosis and code learing, but super expensive.

Aside from that, bluepoint makes a factory head unit removal multi-too, and it has all the keys you'll ever need to remove factory radios, like BMWs with the 5 pointed allen keys. It costs 20 dollars, and it is a must have for any installer. Works on most aftermarket heads too.

Also, my led rechargeable drop light. That thing rocks.

Northstart.....or start it your damn self.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic