icon

Bad Fleece?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pmh61 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2006 at 3:36 AM / IP Logged  
well i have had some free time this weekend so i decided to make some fiber glass speaker stands well i got them all fleeced and then i made 8oz portions of glass then i two sides there four sides so i had to make two batches per stand well i did all four side and one side of the fleece didn't get rock hard like the others it was a bit tacky and very flexable any body ever have that happen or what would make that happen all the other side i resined and all the other stands i did came out great but one side didn't want to cure i don't think it was a bad mix, cuz like i said i did two side with it one good and one bad just something that has never happend to me anybody know what could have happend or anybody have this happen to them part of the project cured but the other didn't with the same batch of resin
deuce7788 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2006 at 7:23 AM / IP Logged  
Ya this happened to me before, my problem was that i just did not soak the fleece enuff so it ended up like moist on the outside and like perfect fleece material on the inside it was way tooooo thick the fleece i got was a lil over a quarter inch an sucked up way to much resin. If its still tacky after reading this try adding more resin if its already stiffened but still not rigid enough add some resin to the inside hope this helps
integratyper934 
Copper - Posts: 150
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2006 at 2:20 AM / IP Logged  
once you add layers of chop matt and it will be strong enough and on the inside mix a 50/50 mix (half bondo/half resin) to harden it even more.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic