the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Recommedation on System Design

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2006 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
If SQ is your game, start simple, and start with the quality of your front install. Regardless of what speakers you have or how large your budget is, you may obtain great sound with some attention paid to install quality.
Don't install everything at once. Get some great stereo sound out of your front stage before touching anything else. Then add the bass. EQ the bass, if you must. Set the gain on your bass amp. Don't touch it aGAIN (hehe). Start adding the rest. Make sure it doesn't detract from the great stereo image and balance you should have.
Cheers
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 30, 2006 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
178 with one 18 does sound rediculous...what is this guys name???
Flakman 
Copper - Posts: 365
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2006 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  
Kris Kringle. I don't even think the JackHammer can hit the 170s by itself. Plus, looking at what it takes for the db dragsters to hit the 170s, it sounds pretty fishy to me. If you can show a link to something credible, I would stand corrected. Otherwise, I'm not buying it.
The Flakman
I feel strange. I have deja vu and amnesia at the same time.
John | Manteca, CA
conseit68 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2006 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  

http://www.termpro.com/asp/eventresults5.asp?image=E8224W1M2988P5&Event_ID=8224 is the exterior of the Xterra and http://www.termpro.com/asp/eventresults5.asp?image=E8224W2M1045P1&Event_ID=8224 is the interior that I was talking about...as far as the 178db guy, I have seen the awards and a very few polariods. I believe the guys name was Alex or something along those lines and is from Brazil. His theroy is based off enclosure design and concrete...yes...8"-12" concrete walls for dampening. I do know that the guys over at digital designs give  the new Z2's among other items during the design and testing stages...for the life of me though I can't remember his damn name...I really thought it was Alex. Oh well back to what is my main concern...my system Recommedation on System Design - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image. . I suppose I will look into a variety of brands...I have just always been used to tring to keep things consistant for asthietic purposes, but I suppose if I want really good sound then I will have to spread my view.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic