icon

Code Alarm 425 Issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nickp2 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2006 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  

Hi everyone after doing lots of audio - I'm doing my first alarm install here.

I am installing the Code Alarm Master Module 425 into my father's 1989 Volvo 760 Turbo. I have installed the main harness which includes:

1) Constant 12+

2) Ignition 12+

3) Starter Key Side

4) Starter Engine Side

I've hooked up the LED / Valet switch harness and I've hooked up the Antenna Harness. Everything's color coded so I'm sure I don't have anything backwards.

I haven't hooked up anything else at this point (lights, horn, locks, etc.) The only thing that I've connected is the ground cable. My issue is that as soon as I power up the unit by plugging in the fuse I am unable to disarm the alarm by hitting the unlock button. I've tried both remotes that came with the alarm and am sure the batteries are fine.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I've triple checked all my connections with a volt meter and am sure they're correct.

Thanks,

Nick

rallysport 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2006 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
you have to program the remotes, it shows you how in the manual.
nickp2 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2006 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply - I just checked both the master module manual and the remote manual - there are no instructions ( that I can find :-) ) as to how sync the remotes. You wouldn't know off the top of your head do you?
rallysport 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2006 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  
hmm its been a while however i know youll have to hook up the door trigger wire as it needs to see that the door is open before itll go into programming mode. so open the door and turn the ignition on, hold the valet button down after 5-10 seconds the siren or horn will sound and then you just hit lock on both transmitters and i think thats it.
black78ta 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2006 at 2:12 AM / IP Logged  
Just to reiterate what rallysport said, you need to make sure that you have the door trigger wire hooked up.  With the door open, turn the key to the ignition (on) position and within a few seconds, hold down the valet button.  Hold the valet button down for about ten seconds until the siren chirps three times, then press the lock button on each transmitter you want to program to the alarm.  When you are finished, just turn the key off and your transmitters should be programmed to that alarm.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 02, 2006 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  
I've installed two of those in my personal cars, and those programming instructions sound about right.
If for some reason you'd prefer to have the remotes programmed BEFORE you complete the rest of the install, just temporarily connect the negative door trigger input to a ground source, and that'll allow you to get into programming.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 02, 2006 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
Oh, and I think I remember where the remote-programming instructions are.
In the 425's install manual, there's a section where you can change all the features-----remote start run time, passing arming, shock sensor, and so forth.
The features are grouped into several different menus---for example, the security features are in a separate menu from the remote start features.
Anyway, basically when you go to that section, the very FIRST feature menu is remote programming, and then you go on from there.
TIP: They don't mention this in the manual, but the internal shock sensor is pre-set for maximum sensitivity; you'll get falsing if you forget to turn it down.
nickp2 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2006 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks guys - that worked!!!!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic