icon

L5 or L7

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
arcangel9 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2006 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  
OK so from what your saying I should stick with the L5, Your probably right about the clipping problem cuz this is my first system and I installed it myself, it was clipping because I couldnt seem to find a good ground with the first speaker i had, now the speaker I have currently seems to have a problem with the surround, and crutchfield feels it is because im overpowering it, they said they will exchange it though.
Take a look at the surround, its is coming out from under the edge of the speaker:
In the left pic is what it should look like and in the right is what it looks like right now:
L5 or L7 - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2006 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  
I had some problems with surrounds, but it was my own fault....I left the woffers in the garage and they ended up getting alot of moisture in the boxes.
The glue didnt hold up to long.   As far as clipping goes, the Kicker woofers are horrible about tearing themselves apart from it. so please please read the gain turtorial at the top of the fourm.
The L5's are a huge improvement this year...in all actuality the 06L5s are basically as beefy and nice as the 04-05 L7     The New L7's are really really nice, but man they are startin to get power hungry!   The bigger rewound coils are alot more giving on long use and clipping. The cones are much stonger!   At nearly 3000 watts per 10in woffer I have in my comp car I still am yet to crack a cone.   But on the 12L7's of 04-05 you could crack the cone at around 2500
Stick in the 06 lineup...if you really want to exchange, maybe consider going to a 12 instead of a 10...but I have been very impressed by the 10's so far!
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic