icon

Remote start relay not firing

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
calvinazzola 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2006 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
I recently bought a remote starter, and installed it to the best of my ability.  When I push the ignition button, the car powers up into the ON mode but doesn't start.  My troubleshooting revealed that the relay responsible for providing power to the starting wire isn't activating.  There is 12 volts at the relay, but the relay coil is not receiving the signal to switch on from the alarm module.  My car is a 1997 lexus es300. 
-Calvin
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2006 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
and what model remote start are you using....
calvinazzola 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2006 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
The alarm is a Thor CF425.  I can post the wiring schematic if needed.  I should also point out that I have not yet wired the door locks.  I was hesitant to continue installing it after running into this problem.
-Calvin
calvinazzola 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2006 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  
I don't think so.  The 12V constant is there from the battery, but it seems like that last relay (out of the 3 together) isn't getting a signal from the unit.  2 of them are firing for sure.
-Calvin
cool_greg 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
do you have the neutral safety wire connected, even when used in an auto trans this must be grounded for the r/s to work?
Just a Guy, Wiring up those Vehicals
---------------------------------
Gool_Greg
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  
What about Tach learning? Does the the unit say anything about some sort of procedure you got to do first? You may have overlook this part.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.Remote start relay not firing - Last Post -- posted image.
calvinazzola 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  

QUOTE=thepencil]What about Tach learning? Does the the unit say anything about some sort of procedure you got to do first? You may have overlook this part. [/QUOTE]

The manual mentions remote engine start intelligence using a sense wire, but nothing to do with programming it.  I got the following broken english suggestions from the Chinese manufacturer.

1.       Please check if the transmittersf battery is enough? If the main unit or the wire was broken or hurt by water?

2.       Please install the alarm system by the professional who have study the installation guide to make sure the system good running.

3.       Make sure the door was closed correctly before you use this remote start function.

4.       Please check if itfs misconnecting such as: there is +12v current output from eONf line and estartf line, you can check eONf1 wiref and eONf2wiref.

5.       You should enter into the arming mode before remote start the engine.

6.       If your car is the Automatic transmission, do please put the gearbox to gPh or gNh, before you using the remote engine start function. (Detail please refer to the installation guide)

7.       If the car cannot be started by remote for any reasons, please check your car in time.

Suggestion 3 seems like it might lead to something since I haven't wired the doors yet...

-Calvin
calvinazzola 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2006 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  

thepencil wrote:
What about Tach learning? Does the the unit say anything about some sort of procedure you got to do first? You may have overlook this part.

The manual mentions remote engine start intelligence using a sense wire, but nothing to do with programming it.  I got the following broken english suggestions from the Chinese manufacturer.

1.       Please check if the transmitters’ battery is enough? If the main unit or the wire was broken or hurt by water?

2.       Please install the alarm system by the professional who have study the installation guide to make sure the system good running.

3.       Make sure the door was closed correctly before you use this remote start function.

4.       Please check if it’s misconnecting such as: there is +12v current output from ‘ON’ line and ‘start’ line, you can check ‘ON’1 wire’ and ‘ON’2wire’.

5.       You should enter into the arming mode before remote start the engine.

6.       If your car is the Automatic transmission, do please put the gearbox to “P” or “N”, before you using the remote engine start function. (Detail please refer to the installation guide)

7.       If the car cannot be started by remote for any reasons, please check your car in time.

Suggestion 3 seems like it might lead to something since I haven't wired the doors yet...

-Calvin
cool_greg 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2006 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  
Number 3 shouldn't be a problem if it's not hooked up yet.
i would remove the relay unit and hook each relay in turn up to a 12vdc power supply and listen for it working, if thats ok, then check the output from the r/s unit to see if there is 12v driving each relay. other than that it looks like there is a fault with the r/s unit.
Just a Guy, Wiring up those Vehicals
---------------------------------
Gool_Greg
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2006 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
Uh actually the suggestions lead me to believe that you need to hook up a neutral sense wire whether it be auto or manual. It also appears that it need to see if the alarm is armed. Is this unit designed for a manual transmission? Are you installing into an auto or manual tranny vehicle?
I think you should post the schematic or link to a pdf if it's available online.
Steve G

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic