icon

2006 Toyota Corolla Keyless Location

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2006 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  
If the power lock module is bad you can't make them work by simply supplying current to the switch wires. You need to simulate what the module does, which means you need to 5 wire the motor leg wires...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
overworked2 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2006 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
the idea behind it all was this...
Take a feed from the unlock trigger wire and feed it into a relay that would in turn supply current to the main power wire running to the actuator themselves. Then do the same for the lock side of things. Sure, it wouldn't be a pulse set-up but I did expect to see some results.
Not sure if thats what you think I was doing or not but can you explain why that wouldn't work please? TO me it sounded pretty simple and straight forward. But obviously I was wrong.
The only reason I think it's the power lock module is because when I press the switch I hear the relay in the dash click but there is no action.
Check all advice given with a meter
snotdobbs 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2006 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  
its a corolla right?  and the power door locks dont' work through the switch anymore?  Ive had this happen to me from probing the wrong lock wires with a test light "i know i know worst idea ever"  If you insert the key into the key cylinder  in the door and turn it back and forth does it reset your problem?
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2006 at 6:39 AM / IP Logged  
Have you checked all fuses, under the dash and under the hood?
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
overworked2 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 7:30 AM / IP Logged  
yes, the fuses under the hood and dash were my first point of call. No, I didn't find anything blown....on that note, who makes a dash panel that can'e be removed without removing the steering wheel.....that was a butt! LOL
Haven't tried the key lock cylinder as I didn't know that it was possible. Is there a cetain technique that needs to be used?
Check all advice given with a meter
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic