icon

1995 Cherokee, Micro STARTNR2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blaine b. 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2006 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  
No I do not know what was exactly involved in the recall.....all I know is that they added the interlock, because some people would accidentally put their foot on the throttle instead of the brake and then shift into reverse, and many accidents would occur when they either hit things behind them, sometimes people too....they tried to blame it on other things (they called it "sudden acceleration") but that was a lie; observers saw no brake lights and such....they just had their foot on the wrong pedal!
blaine b. 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2006 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  

By the way, I fixed my "Starter" issue.  I was using the blue/gray wire rather than the BLACK/ gray wire.....The12Volt's wiring guide specified the tach wire was BLACK/ gray.  I was using different instructions before which specified the wrong wire.......a big thanks to The12Volt!

However, I have another problem......after starting (the starter stops as soon as it starts, yay!) the engine turns off, like it isn't sensing that it started......it tries twice more, turning off after each start.  What could this be?  I'll make a new thread dedicated to only that problem......if anyone has any more suggestions on my brake/shift interlock, I'm all ears!

blaine b. 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2006 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  

When starting the vehicle with the Micro STARTNR2 remote starter, the vehicle starts successfully, but then quits.....then the unit starts the vehicle twice more, and it stops after each successful start (3 start attempts with this model)

Anyone know why the vehicle is stopping?  I have the correct tach wire hooked up (starter disengauges as soon as the engine is started, and the unit is showing me it "learned" the "tach sense" correctly when programming.)

Vehicle is a 95 Jeep Cherokee.

Thank you!

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 17, 2006 at 4:31 PM / IP Logged  
What did you use for tach wire?
blaine b. 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2006 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  

The grey/black wire.  It is the correct wire as the starter does not stay on past when the engine starts.  It is also the wire listed in The12Volt's wiring "color" chart for my vehicle.  I used another wire before (from an apparently "fubared" color diagram from another website) and when using the blue/grey wire, the starter would stay on way past when the engine started.  However using the other wire (blue/grey), the engine would stay on, but I am confident that it was the wrong wire since the starter would continue running a good 30-45 seconds after the engine started.

Thanks!

blaine b. 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2006 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  

Well, I have everything hooked up correctly.  After remote starting, the vehicle starts properly, then shuts off.....starts it another 2 times (3 start attempts) and after each time, the vehicle shuts off.  What is wrong?

Also, what is the brake sense wire?  One diagram (The12Volt's) said the white wire coming out of the brake switch.  I hooked it up to that and the remote starter isn't getting an indication that the brake is being pressed.  However, that wouldn't be causing me my "shut off" problem after the vehicle is started remotely.

Secondly, my brake shift interlock went away.  All wires are intact.  It is supposed to lock you out of shifting out of park when your foot is on the brake, but mine isn't doing that anymore.  It lets me shift out of park whenever I want, with or without the foot on the brake.

Any ideas?  Vehicle is a 1995 Jeep Cherokee Country.

This is frustrating me, especially since the cold weather is basically here.  Thank you!

blaine b. 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2006 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
PS: 

Ok, I fixed the brake shift interlock.  I simply unplugged the connector on the interlock "solenoid" (cylinder on the steering column) and it now works again.  Also I figured out the brake sense I needed was the black wire, as it is the brake sense negative.  So that portion (brake sense and the interlock) is back to NORMAL!  Yay.

However, I still have the problem where after remote starting the jeep, it turns off after 5 seconds, and keeps restarting itself until it gives up after the 3rd try, and gives me the "3 start attempts failed" diagnostic.  Why is it doing this?  Tach sense was learned correctly - any other ideas?  Thank you!

blaine b. 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2006 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  

Remote starter is MICRO STARTNR2.

blaine b. 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2006 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  

Ok, here's another update.  Two wiring diagrams were wrong for the tach wire, and I finally got it on the third attempt.  The remote starter workes flawlessly now!

blaine b. 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2006 at 12:53 AM / IP Logged  

The brake shift interlock is back to not working.  Just by touching the cylinder thing that controls the interlock, the function has disappeared.  I checked all wires and everything is fine.  I don't know what kind of crap is going on here, but it seems that just by touching it, I'm back at where I started with this interlock bushwa.

Any ideas to why it is being so touchy?

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic