Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 13, 2006 at 7:13 AM / IP Logged  
dualsport wrote:
Chris wrote:
If you take apart an Audiovox siren, there are six traces on the circuit board, representing the six different sounds the siren can play.
If you scratch away some of the traces, those sounds will be eliminated.
Didn't know about that, that's be good. I always wondered what the point of those multisound sirens were, since they all sound identical to one another anyway. The only advantage would have been to be able to customize it to one that you wanted, so as not to have the same tone as your neighbor's.
I guess that could be a plus, if it gets him to take a look when your car is going off- :)
Yeah, it's cool. Also, if you eliminate the first chirp, it'll change the arm/disarm sound.
In my company truck, I installed 11 (yes, really 11) Audiovox sirens, each one set with different tones deleted........as well as having the alarm honk the factory horn as well.
Man, that thing was LOUD! Especially if the other installers would set it off in the shop garage. The sirens were so loud that you could hardly even hear the horn honking.
And as all the different sirens cycled through all their different tones at the same time, it would sound really weird.
I just got rid of the truck, and it's going to another installer at our other store.....I am curious what he'll think when he opens the hood!
dualsport 
Silver - Posts: 983
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2006 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
Chris Luongo wrote:
In my company truck, I installed 11 (yes, really 11) Audiovox sirens, each one set with different tones deleted........as well as having the alarm honk the factory horn as well.
Man, that thing was LOUD! Especially if the other installers would set it off in the shop garage. The sirens were so loud that you could hardly even hear the horn honking.
That must sound like quite the carnival! Definitely no mistaking it as another vehicle when it goes off, I'm sure-
Are other multi tone alarms set up with this ability to customize the output, or have you found Audiovox to be the only one that can do that? Would have been nice if they supplied an access panel with jumper plugs so it could be done easily without having to cut pc board traces-
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 14, 2006 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, it would be nice if they made it a little easier.
At least as of around 5 years ago, when I used to install DEI, their sirens were all set up for cutting out the different tones........you were required to take it apart first, but I believe there were six little loops of wire you could cut, or something like that.........I never actually did it, but the instructions said how to do it.
Lately, other DEI sirens state specifically on the box that you can't change the tones.
And the Audiovox sirens don't specifically say you can do this.....but one of my co-workers mentioned something, so I got curious and took it apart.
gcorrea 
Silver - Posts: 436
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2006 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  
the disarming ring tone you posted sounds like the siren im using from an ungo ms850. its also single tone and louder than most of the sirens that come stock now a days.
gcorrea
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic