the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Finally! Got all my stuff! Whew

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2006 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
OK, all... I finally have all the stuff I need to complete my system... Got my TC-Sounds 10's, ready to go...
Now it's MY turn to ask what everybody thinks about MY system! 1840 watts of audio nirvana!
Check it out, y'all!
Clicky!
Bob, this, by the way, is a heads up for ya... I'll have a trunk full of all this stuff for you on friday. I'll bring any of the "flammable liquids" desired, also... PM me with your flammable liquids desires!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2006 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
Dave ,am I going to be installing all this stuff? Or am I just helping with the kick panels? Some of that tequela you got last time might be tempting.
There is no such thing as free installation!
haemphyst 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2006 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
Kicks and doors, and suggestions for the new woofers... Power, signal and speaker wires are all run.
Your glass guys are some of the best I've ever seen, without being obnoxious... Simple, elegant, clean... That's what I want! Tequila it is.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2006 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Dave, coming from you that's a real compliment. Yeah they're a good crew, all students at Cal Poly, mechanical enginearing ( sic) majors, love to fabricate stuff.
There is no such thing as free installation!
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 14, 2006 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  

enginearing      Finally!  Got all my stuff!  Whew -- posted image.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Flakman 
Copper - Posts: 365
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2006 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
Just remember fellas...pictures pictures pictures! Finally!  Got all my stuff!  Whew -- posted image.
The Flakman
I feel strange. I have deja vu and amnesia at the same time.
John | Manteca, CA
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2006 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
Dave, I am really sorry to see you had to settle for all that Eclipse gear.  I hear if you don't push it too hard it can sound OK though. Oh, and I expect those woofs to end up in a nice TL alignment.  Finally!  Got all my stuff!  Whew -- posted image.
Support the12volt.com
haemphyst 
Posted: September 14, 2006 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
DYohn wrote:
Dave, I am really sorry to see you had to settle for all that Eclipse gear.  I hear if you don't push it too hard it can sound OK though. Oh, and I expect those woofs to end up in a nice TL alignment.  Finally!  Got all my stuff!  Whew -- posted image.
Yeah, I know... it's a damn shame I didn't save for better gear...
Hmmm... TL, eh? With a Qts of .308, and that Fs of 21Hz, I'm thinking you might be on to something, man! 'Course even a stuffed TL for 21Hz is gonna be biggish. I wonder if I can get 2 10 inch TLs in the trunk of my Civic. What the hell, who needs a trunk?!? The last TLs I put in a car I had to remove the back seat completely - 9 cubic feet and 300 pounds later, and a set of stiffer springs, I had 18Hz FLAT in the back end!
I'll bounce some drawings to you when I come up with 'em!
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2006 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  
wow!   even I respect all that, even I love to listen to things on a daily basis.
My chart is easy though haha
6 amps to 6 woofers   line driver and a deck
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2006 at 8:25 AM / IP Logged  

Yea those TC Sounds drivers have TL written all over them, but you are right it would be rather large, especially trying to mount two of them.  I looked at those for a TL plan I've been playing with for HT but decided to try IB instead.  You'll probably be happier keeping a little trunk space in your Civic - and your gas mileage will be happier too, especially if you get Bob's team to fab some glas for your enclosure.

Support the12volt.com
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic