the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

best buy's work order

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2006 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
Whats even better is taking out the battery, and having the radio lock when the battery is put back. And the customer not knowing the code to unlock it. <--- ehh, not my fault.
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2006 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  
bigjeff42 wrote:
i am an installer at best buy, formally at circuit city. yesterday i was putting a alarm in a car (06 sentra) id say fairly easy, im just learning alarms. well the shop manager comes and gets me out the car because i didnt write the presets of the factory radio down. is this a standard procedure at other shops.i really dont understand how the presets affect anything.
**EDITED - profanity not allowed**
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.best buy's work order - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
97gss 
Copper - Posts: 235
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2006 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  

stang351w wrote:
gtgtp00 i agree with your statement,  i installed a remote starter one day and later that day the customer called and was complaining because her tire was flat and blamed it on me in the shop (leaving something on the floor) i was lucky because i did a vehicle inspection befor i got to work and the floor was swept up after each job. but without that pre-check, i would have been buyin this lady a new good year for her escape.

Got one even better.  Guy comes in when I worked at Circuit and gets a radio put in.  Comes back later that evening saying we put a nail in his tire and wanted it fixed.  My manager promptly looked in the bed of the truck(which we looked in before we worked on it) and told him his problem is from all the nails he had laying in the bed, not us.  He had around a 5lb box of nails on the bed and half of them scattered all over the place.

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2006 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  

We are strictly Expeditors, no retail whatsoever. We have over 30 installers and work with over 130 dealerships on the east coast. Our invoices have half page section on the bottom just for check in and check out of the car. Now we don't go as far as radio presets(mainly because we don't install radios) but we do a complete walkaround and chaek all fuctions. I have had the walkaround reveal dent's and scrapes many times, something that's out of the ordinary on new cars. I bet the walkaround has saved me thousands of dollars....

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
green6767 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2006 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
I guess thats one of my perks from working at a dealership, I get to work on the car before the customer has even owned it yet! I still do the walk around, but its tough to find anything wrong with a car that has 0 miles and all the plastic is still on it.
Shaun, we are the same height, that is neat!
12V Installation Technician for Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota and Jeep.
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2006 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
I had a good point to this post a while back before it was deleted. I added one colourful word to compliment the rest of my point, it was then removed. The system must have been overwhelmed by it and simply deleted the post to protect the internal circuitry. Anyways, I can recall what I wrote, but it must have been pretty good.
It’s not standard procedure to write down preset code at any shop. It’s one guy telling a new guy indirectly who is in charge of the ship. It is simply saying he runs a tight ship around here. What is standard procedure around many places is a Captain who has people skill, and simply talks to the customer and letting them know what will happen when power is disconnected. If they want, the preset station will be restored the way they have it. Most customers less than the age of 60 years old couldn’t care less. That kind of stuff will save you hours of aggravation when you have to learn how to program the preset station when simply all you have to do is ask first. Again, people skills cannot be taught, but rather improved through age for those who process it.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.best buy's work order - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2006 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  
Like soldering wires for remote starts, seat covers and fender liners on all cars, properly filling out paper work, etc etc.  I've seen more than my fair share of failed remote starts and alarms because the installer decided to butt connect a starter wire together or resistors/diodes.  Ahh at least I've gotten more than one of them fired.  YAY me.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 12, 2006 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
I made a big response here last night. Where has it gone?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic