icon

Remote start troubleshooting

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kai211 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2006 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  
I installed a RSX3.5 Clifford into a 2002 cadillac escalade and remote start works immobilizer works fine, alarm portion is good but the air conditon does not turn on when the car is remote started but ac works when car is started normally... did I miss a wire or something need some advice thanx
Thats SIK!!!!
caraudio904 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2006 at 1:21 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah You should have two accesory wires Orange and White. You can make a jump wire if your alarm only supports for one accesory. or use one of the other ignition wires since that truck only has 1 ignition wire (pink).
Southern Stylez
Jacksonville, FL 32218
Raymond4646 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2006 at 2:22 AM / IP Logged  
The 02 escalade has 2 accessory wires, the main is orange and the second is brown.   One of two things could have happened; 1) you tagged the accessory wire that does not power the climate system 2) the escalade needs to have both accessory wire powered up.  The Clifford 3.5 has only one accessory wire, so you MUST use a relay to power up the other accessory wire.  Also your escalade has two ignition wires as well, main pink and second white.  Both must be powered up, your clifford has two ignition wires for this.  Good luck!
Fastlearner 
Silver - Posts: 346
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2006 at 3:36 AM / IP Logged  
For those vehicles you don't need the second acc for heater. On every gm full sized truck i've done i've only hooked up just the orange acc and everything worked fine. But who knows there are always acceptions to the rules.
candy&chrome 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2006 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  

many of the new gm's need the 2nd acc' wires powered......this is the brown. and ALL gm's need the white powered as a second ignition with remote starts.....with a relay! i've seen it to often where someone has just simply jumped a wire to the second ignition and/or the acc. wire..........big no no, the cars computer will later identify this as a trouble code and trip a light, or even worse.

don't get discourged though.....if you went as far as installing the starter you know what you're doing, just add a relay or 2 and wrap 'er up

see the "how to" section for an accurate second ignition relay diagram

hope i could help

canada's cold eh.
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2006 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  
Always use a relay to power up additional ignitions or accesories that the remote start is not able to support just jumping wires is a very unsafe way to do this and can lead to big problems.  Always power up both pink and white ignitions on gm's unless you'd like to buy them a transmission and rent them a loner car..............

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic